·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I can bring some sodas if needed.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yup.

I ran into a guy at Walmart and he asked about the club, etc so I invited him along. Hope that's ok.

He's got a red Rubicon on 33" M/Ts. Been here since this summer, was in Utah before that.

Oh... and I just now realized I forgot to buy soda for the run... which was the point of going to Walmart :darn:

·
Registered
698 Posts
The run was a blast. I turned my one piece driveshaft into a 2 piece driveshaft. That was just the beginning of my fun. After we returned back to my truck (thank you Ken for letting my family and I ride with you after my truck broke and a big thanks to everybody who offered rides) the rear end had frozen solid from being submerged in water for about an hour while it was being pulled out of the creek. Just a reason for me to get the new motor and lift put on the truck. Had a great time and can't wait to do it again. Once again THANK YOU to all the members of WWOR for all of the assistance.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
looks like yall had a good time even though the pics look like there wasnt much snow :( wish i could have made it!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a great time, didnt break anything......till I started home, just past the rattle snake station marker the upper half of my front drive shaft fell out and somewhere between the pilot and wal-mart the right side of my tie rod pulled out of the threaded end causing both front tires to point outboard, I'm glad I was towing it and not driving it!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Here's a few pics of the creak crossing

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
A few more...I have Quick Time video of few rigs on the reservoir but I guess I need to convert them. Any ideas what to use (free ware)? or, I can email them to someone that has the ability to convert & upload.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Not much snow at all. Sort of like last year though if you got through the snow you hit a layer of ice. I didn't take many photos. Many were of Littleman's ordeal which is already documented quite well. Josh's snow and rock throwing horsepower fest really doesn't look great on film but here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Oh the above was when Alycia rolled the tire off the Cherokee. I think this is what started the smiling tie rod.

Greg and I spent some time on the ice. It could be heard cracking. On the edge I broke through and when Greg was out there you could watch under ice waves go up and down through the hole in the ice. When Chris took the Cherokee out there it hardly made any waves until he slide over to where the creek flows into the resevoir.

And this last one of is of the Cruiser being an anchor point for Chris's Cherokee winching up the hill. What you can't see is that he has the Sami in tow. I will vouch for that Sami being a lot heavier dragging up the hill in the snow covered ice than what I expected. I dragged it up the first hill with my Cruiser and it was a much bigger load than my horse trailer with two horses.

As always, I had a lot of fun. Getting out in the dead of winter is sure way to cure seasonal depression. You folks who wrench all winter in a cold dark garage really are missing out on a lot of fun.

Attachments

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I had a great time. It was a lot of fun on the run even though there wasn't enough snow this year. But the ice underneath made the hill climbs tough. Once again, the jeep had to show up the cruisers.
Yes, that is exactly what it did :flipoff:

Here's another one. I know most of you didn't know this but since Greg now has a garage he's been tinkering with his Cruiser more. He's pushing about 780hp and 1400 ft/lbs of torque through his mighty 3FE. He's running a combination of diesel, kerosene, super unleaded, jet fuel, and nitrous. Once he gets his overfueling issue figured out he'll be good to go. He didn't let it out much yesterday but here is one photo of when he did.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts