Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving around today and seeing whats out there. Thinking 4 door, diesel, and dually if I can find one. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
4 door dually's are way easier to find than non dually's. My brother can help you, call him at 745-6634 Allan Johnson

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Hey you might want to call Mr. TRD. He called me the other day and asked me if I was interested in a '06 Mega Cab a friend of his had down in SLC. (800 hp & 1200 lb. ft + a set of twins if you wanted them) Seemed like a good deal. Not a dually though. You may want to call up to Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg too. I looked at a brand new Dodge Dually up there, and it would have been 32k out the door. 4 door, long bed, dually, 6 speed. Nice truck. Waaaayyyy cheaper than anything around here as far as new trucks go. If you are interested I still have the guys #.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need the long bed for the camper and I was hoping to stay in the price range of 20K to 24K or so but 32K for all that sounds really good!

I'll check them out...

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
646 Posts
I bought an '05 new from Curt/Hal in Caldwell. 1 ton dually, crew cab, Cummins, 6 speed 4x4. Out the door 31k.
They actually beat Dave Smith's price.
Dave

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went everywhere in town and hit the web a whole bunch and struck out. :darn:

Going to keep up the hunt though. I'll have to look down in Salt Lake and over in Boise I guess. I did find one truck down in Logan that looked good though.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I work at a Chrysler GM store, be specific, and I can help.

We have a 4 dr 8.2 Gasser Dualled Chevy with 60k(?) came from someone who spent a lot of time on the base in MH......................

How many miles are too high,
How much is too much
Etc.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I looked for six months before settling..... on the very best out there. :flipoff:

Matt, join dieselplace.com and look at the marketplace. there are a ton of used duramax for sale on there. Pricing isnt too bad, most have aftermarket upgrades.

Also, check Boise, cause I have seen a couple of them in town here. Petersons and Edmark in Nampa will match kellogg prices. FOR SURE.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback and the PM's! I'm looking all over now. I've hit everywhere in town and found two trucks that would work but the first was rough and the second was priced out of sight.

I work at a Chrysler GM store, be specific, and I can help.

We have a 4 dr 8.2 Gasser Dualled Chevy with 60k(?) came from someone who spent a lot of time on the base in MH......................

How many miles are too high,
How much is too much
Etc.
I would love to have the Duramax but the 8.2 wouldnt be bad at all. My price range is around 22 to 24K that I could spend on this. I dio need a long bed for the slide in camper. I checked out your places sight and found this:

Truck . That is exactly what I'm looking for. The only thing that scares me on that is the miles on it. Other then that, that truck is perfect!

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The one over at Hanigan has sold already anyway, I called.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Could find a nice early 2000s CTD in your price range.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I looked at those also and I really want the full four door for the kids. IF they made a four door version that wasnt chopped down, I would be all for it.

Found some in Utah but there were all gassers. Also found one in Colorado but it too had sold. :darn:

Came across a 2003 Ford at the Ford place that had just been traded in but they wanted WAY too much for it. :shocked:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
They made a 4 door Dodge like the Ford in your pic. Quad Cab. My old roomate had an 03. It wasn't huge in the back, but I sat there a few times and it was plenty comfortable for a several hour drive. Also rode in the back seat of an 06 and it wasn't bad either. I'm not a huge guy at 5'10", but once your kids get that tall they'll prolly be driving their own cars anyhow!

Just something to think about to open up your options a bit.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did find this one: Dodge Truck and its a good looking truck. But that is about the size I have now and the kids are already pushed into the seats.

Buddy of mine has a 2004 with the back doors and I think that might be OK but just out of my proce range.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah up until 2002 were the 2nd gen trucks and they all have the smaller back seat with the suicide doors that open only with the front door open.

The 2003 and up have the true 4 doors with a bit more room in the back, though like you said, they are more $$$.

I would stay away from the V10 for the Dodge as well. It's not really good on power and it's hard on fuel. The Ford V10 is a bit better from what I hear.

I did find this one: Dodge Truck and its a good looking truck. But that is about the size I have now and the kids are already pushed into the seats.

Buddy of mine has a 2004 with the back doors and I think that might be OK but just out of my proce range.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did find a nice Ford with the V10 but I think I'm going to hold out for the diesel.

Those are the trucks that are always passing me right now. :darn:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 20 of 36 Posts