Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
only when intercia takes you over a ledge or into a hole and you have so much flex that you just keep on going and go all the way over on to your top or side.....

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
every pic like that is too much flex

I have my fair share of poser shots, there is just no purpose for ungodly amounts of flex. Every gadget that helps with flex is on the path of too much flex.

Although I do like the tube work on that ranger.

·
Registered
695 Posts
And there is no reason for half of the EXTRA FLEX gadgets out there. Paul used to run Revolver shackles, until they started to fall apart and break. So he put on regular shackles and now he gets more flex than he did with the Revolvers!!! I know this may start a "No he doesn't" reaction, but I have seen it first hand and YES HE DOES!!!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Flex is good to a point. Try to picture a tire going into a hole 3 feet deep. It has to cover twice the distance the other tire does if its not in the same hole. With the amount of rigs with lockers that much flex may get people into more trouble than its worth. I also agree with TRD, if the suspension unloads to fast on the other end you could wind up wrong side up.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Good Grief 5 years ago it was all about flex but most of us have realized that the amount of flex you have is not directly proportional to how far you go up the trail. I think you need to have good flex but if you have to much you can get your tires caught in a hole (seen it ) flop over on a small sidehill (seen it) and most poeple who have massive flex only get it in one end doesn't look the case with that ranger but I will bet a rig with a similar sized tire and lockers can go where he can. I think more important than overall flex is getting the front and rear end to work together with nearly equal amounts of flex. It will make the whole rig more capapable :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts