Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, I was just told about this site last week by muddinmike. I've been surfing pirate4x4.com looking for people and trails in Idaho. This is a great website. At least now I can find out when exactly you guys are making your runs. I have met a few of you out in Melba a few months back. I was with my brother in the Toyota 4Runner with the long travel kit. We didn't really get to see much of the trail seeing how his stubaxle broke, but at least now we know where its at. That was the whole point. We are using his truck to scope out some good, challenging trails while we are making some modifications to my Zuk. While he does have 4 wheel drive and a posi, it's not exactly ideal for 4 wheeling (makes a damn good prerunner though). We can't do much about the axles without going solid but he is installing a 350 Chevy with a 700r4 as I'm writing this. Should be a hell of a lot better than his hit and miss V6 running 5 cylinders.

As for my vehicle, I drive a Suzuki Samurai which, up till now, had a calmini reverse shackle kit with a 3 1/2" lift and a 3" body lift on 31" tires. Construction is now underway to put a 1.6L bell housing behind my 1.3L to connect with a Ringr to a Toyota 5-speed and transfer case. All of this will be over two toyota axles and 34" tires connected by a new custom 3-link system of my own design. I cut out the bed already to acount for the 34's coming into the truck. I intent to create a complete tube chassis rear end. It should be pretty cool except for the crappy 1.3L. Once I have the money that thing is going in the trash to make way for a 4.3L TBI.

I just moved here from So Cal. I came with the rest of my family which makes a total of four 4x4's: Three Zukes and one Toyota 4Runner.

I just thought I would introduce myself and try to get networked with other people who love to go 'Jeepin'/Zuk'n.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dont listen to muddinMikey,he's an ass hat :popcorn: but he'd be a good person to take out "jeepin"

Welcome to the board:beer:

Post up some pics specs of your bothers 4Runner!Total Choas front end under that thing or ????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to Idaho. What area of So. Ca. are you from? I have a 'Zuk as well. PM me and I'll give you my contact info to hook up and wheel.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Froad'r said:
Hey there, I was just told about this site last week by muddinmike. I've been surfing pirate4x4.com looking for people and trails in Idaho. This is a great website. At least now I can find out when exactly you guys are making your runs. I have met a few of you out in Melba a few months back. I was with my brother in the Toyota 4Runner with the long travel kit. We didn't really get to see much of the trail seeing how his stubaxle broke, but at least now we know where its at. That was the whole point. We are using his truck to scope out some good, challenging trails while we are making some modifications to my Zuk. While he does have 4 wheel drive and a posi, it's not exactly ideal for 4 wheeling (makes a damn good prerunner though). We can't do much about the axles without going solid but he is installing a 350 Chevy with a 700r4 as I'm writing this. Should be a hell of a lot better than his hit and miss V6 running 5 cylinders.

As for my vehicle, I drive a Suzuki Samurai which, up till now, had a calmini reverse shackle kit with a 3 1/2" lift and a 3" body lift on 31" tires. Construction is now underway to put a 1.6L bell housing behind my 1.3L to connect with a Ringr to a Toyota 5-speed and transfer case. All of this will be over two toyota axles and 34" tires connected by a new custom 3-link system of my own design. I cut out the bed already to acount for the 34's coming into the truck. I intent to create a complete tube chassis rear end. It should be pretty cool except for the crappy 1.3L. Once I have the money that thing is going in the trash to make way for a 4.3L TBI.

I just moved here from So Cal. I came with the rest of my family which makes a total of four 4x4's: Three Zukes and one Toyota 4Runner.

I just thought I would introduce myself and try to get networked with other people who love to go 'Jeepin'/Zuk'n.
Write back to the rest of your friends and family and tell them Idaho sucks for us. Thanks.:D :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah well you'll just have to deal with it for a few more years. And why would I recomend Idaho? It's freezing up here, there's no good sand dunes or open desert, and there's no Tierra Del Sol. So, what is in Idaho?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Well your dead on about the weather but off on the sand dunes. We actually have some of the best in the country.

Do a Google on "St Anthony Sand Dunes". Its north of Idaho Falls and IIRC has like the second steepest dune in the nation. There is even a website about the place somewhare.

BTW, Welcome to the board. :smokin:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Froad'r said:
Yeah well you'll just have to deal with it for a few more years. And why would I recomend Idaho? It's freezing up here, there's no good sand dunes or open desert, and there's no Tierra Del Sol. So, what is in Idaho?
I mean no offense, but the main thing Idaho has is a lot less Californians. I am a little bit ignorant of the place and maybee you can't judge a book by it's cover, but besides the weather and the Rubicon I can't see the draw there either. Unless of course you want the State and courts to rule your life. I did have a few great vacations there growing up. Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse. We will be having a run at the St. Anthony Sand Dunes in July and you are invited to come show us how to utilize our great sand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glamis is a heck of a lot bigger than St. Anthony's. Its over a 100 miles long. They have sand drags every weekend. I've been going there since I was 2 years old and still find places I haven't been to. Trust me I researched St. Anthony's before even moving up here. Its a decent alternative, though its quite a drive from here.

California not only has awesome weather, but they have awesome people, there's a heck of a lot more money, and they have Ocotillo Wells (open desert, good for prerunning).

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Why did you move here then? I'm not knocking California, I've been there plenty and I like it too. It just seems that you are not too happy being here.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually I kind of like it here. I moved here because my family decided to move our business out of california because it was to expensive to move it to somewhere else in california. I even met my soon to be wife in Idaho, so I owe a lot to Idaho. I just wish it wouldn't get so blasted cold. My LORD!!

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
I have lived in california before. I loved the desert. i had family in 29 palms, and i lived in orange county. what a pretty state!!!! lot's of people but the land was wonderful. hope to see you over here next year for the association fun run!!! rocks, sand and mountains galore!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I here ya on Glamis Brotha! St. A is no Glamis, but it IS still a helluva lot of fun! I was pleasently surprised my first time out there, and the nature scenery is 10 times that of Glamis, but the babe scenery is WAY WAY below Glamis, so hey it's a toss up, and St. A is only 35-40 miles from my house so you can't beat that. Come on over sometime and we will tear up the sand, oh yeah and Welcome to the board, who cares where your from, if your cool I'll still pull ya out!!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
krazytoy said:
and Welcome to the board, who cares where your from, if your cool I'll still pull ya out!!
We would all do that, or you may do that to us!:cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I plan on putting myself into the worst of situations, so I will definitely need pulling out. Though for some reason I have always been pulling other people out with my zuk, but thats only because they were prerunners.

And we will definitely have to do something about getting more ladies out to St. Anthony's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts