Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like Interco has decided to step up to the plate and start competing against ProComp Tires.... extreme all terrain.Check out the new IROK!!!!! Can't wait to get a set of these, they should be great for web wheeling......perfect for me!!!!:thumb:

for details click here
National Tire & Wheel: Browsing Super Swamper IROK VorTrac

just a teaser pic of the new hardcore IROK

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Oh yeah baby Im about to order my web wheeling lockers and such so those tires should go great. :rotfl::rotfl:

Hopefully it will sell well enough to make them bunches of money so they can put the money into an Irok (the real one) that will last longer and have as good as traction, or a 40 to 42" swamper that will be a radial.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
They have two big obstacles entering this market. Making sure they have tires that are round and making sure the last a decent amount of time. If they don't do those two things the tire will be a failure.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
If they can do it that would sure be cool. I would like to run swampers on all my rigs. My radial tsl's and ssr's have all been round and quiet. I assume you are talking about the problems with the traxus'. They will sure sell a lot more tires if it goes.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
They have needed to do this for years!

Procomp has made a huge hit on the market that the bfg all terrain use to own. Their are SS fans out there, and thats all they run.....I think this will go over big for them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think the name is just WRONG! If you got that thing anywhere near dirt, let alone a swamp, it would sink out of site. When I think of IROK's, I think of a no compromise off road tire. This thing has compromise written all over it. It should be called the IROP for 'I run on pavement'. Just my 2 cents.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
I agree, I think SS needed a good all terrain, but that thing looks like a walmart special. No aggressive look at all. I think that making an all terrain at least appear aggressive would have sold more to the SS crowd.

Ah, but what the hell do I know about marketing or advertising...

I can't wait to start seeing mall crawlers sporting these and the owners being all cocky telling people that "I have SS Irok's on my G wagon!" lmao

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
346 Posts
I agree, I think SS needed a good all terrain, but that thing looks like a walmart special. No aggressive look at all. I think that making an all terrain at least appear aggressive would have sold more to the SS crowd.

Ah, but what the hell do I know about marketing or advertising...

I can't wait to start seeing mall crawlers sporting these and the owners being all cocky telling people that "I have SS Irok's on my G wagon!" lmao
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I little larger staggered lugs would have made it nice. I agree if they are gonna call it an Irok it needs to be a little more aggressive. Guess then it would be a Truxus then though. :p

·
Registered
327 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I little larger staggered lugs would have made it nice. I agree if they are gonna call it an Irok it needs to be a little more aggressive. Guess then it would be a Truxus then though. :p
Ouch, hey that hurt. I love my Trxus MT's. I've been a lot of places in both snow and mud with them that I never would have taken an all terrain tire and have yet to get stuck. They are not IRoKs, but they do quite well.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Ouch, hey that hurt. I love my Trxus MT's. I've been a lot of places in both snow and mud with them that I never would have taken an all terrain tire and have yet to get stuck. They are not IRoKs, but they do quite well.

I think he meant that it would be duplicating the Trxus, they are great tires with great manners. If they lasted longer, I would run them on two of my rigs. This makes it so they have something for everyone. street only, mild wheeling, ssr's, tsl radials, Thorn chickens, Tsl bias, Iroks (for real), boggers, they cover it all!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like Truxus. Actually up until my last tire I bought I was going to get Truxus, but then I got a deal on these used BFGs. I had ran nothing but Swampers until these since I started Rock Crawling. Truxus are Very Good for that too. Toni from Buck's ran them for a long time and they did real good when I seen them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts