Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapping the intake and exhaust for aftermarket pieces and have run into a snag.

The pipe from the intake manifold to the exhaust seems to be in the way of the bottom center bolt, is there a way around this or do I just have to pull it apart? If so, what size is that nut?

Thanks,

·
Registered
183 Posts
what year make and modle is it cus if it non computer and its the EGR you can just remove it but i dont know on some it could be a vent to heat up the chock on the carb let me know i might be able to find out more

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its an '84 (one in avitar) all stock until now, using an old motorcraft 2bbl because all I have is a 650 Edelbrock and can't afford a 450CFM.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next question, went to pull the intake and carb today and the two manifolds seem to be attached to each other and I can't see any place where they are.

·
Registered
183 Posts
if its like the one i worked on its behind the engine where the smog pump is hooked up for the emission stuff

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it out, and the new stuff in; looks MUCH better.

However the 2bbl I had decided to use decided to leak like a siv. So I grabbed that 650 CFM (wasn't planning on taking it off of my 408W). It didn't leak but I think its too big for the motor for the fact that the stumble off of idle is HUGE!!!

Also, the throttle cable is a royal PITA. I'll either swap to the older style rod system, or get a custom cable made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts