Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around on ebay and bought a military Hummer. Needless to say my wife is none too impressed! I have always wanted to try one out and see how they will do out in the rough stuff. Guess I'll find out if I live through the next few days! doah

I may have a nice military Hummer for sale soon! :banghead:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
they aren't... but a few years ago the mairnes? swapped a whole shitload for some labor and construction.. so as far as I know, those are the only ones that are on the market..

·
Registered
134 Posts
:scared: You're a brave soul.

It's okay...just have Lance make it the company rig. whistle

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah that would would work. :thumb: I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, as I get into this thing I find that to license a military surplus vehicle you need your basic "Form 97" which is some sort of release to the public type affair due to the fact that military stuff doesn't actually get titled and apparently he does not have any such form just an Alabama title. I'm told Alabama will title anything and no one will transfer them so I requested he find the Form 97 for it. I think the Hummer will stay in Missuri as far as I am concerned. I'll just have to find another one.

My wife is back to being in a good mood. :roll:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha! yeah the avatar would have to stay. I think I would keep the jeep one way or the other. I talked to the guy up at the fruitland exit with all the military surplus stuff about the whole deal. He said it might not be that big a deal to get the title transfered as what the state lady said but I think I'm still staying away from this one. I may end up with a negative feed back on ebay before it's all done though. I have offered to cover his insertion fee's since I want out of the deal...we'll see.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wildgoose said:
Well, as I get into this thing I find that to license a military surplus vehicle you need your basic "Form 97" which is some sort of release to the public type affair due to the fact that military stuff doesn't actually get titled and apparently he does not have any such form just an Alabama title. I'm told Alabama will title anything and no one will transfer them so I requested he find the Form 97 for it. I think the Hummer will stay in Missuri as far as I am concerned. I'll just have to find another one.

My wife is back to being in a good mood. :roll:

You should get a form called an "SF92", special form 92, certificate to obtain a title. If you don't get a 92, you're screwed. You'd take the bill of laden and the SF92 you get from the location you bought it at and take that to the DMV, and everything is good to go, voila, titled and registered. I've bought a couple vehicles from goverment sources (about to buy another one today), and it's complicated, but can be done. As far as titling stuff in AL, that only works if you can claim residency in the state. Just FYI.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That IS good to know. I am telling him it's a no sale due to these issues. As long as he doesn't totally freak out about it ebay will just let him relist it and go from there without a lot of trouble. (I did some homework, I do a lot on ebay and didn't want to get a negative feedback if I can avoid it)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts