Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you ALREADY know, Sabrina was taken to the hospital Tues. Evening. She seemed to have a CEASURE..

I went to visit her last night, and she is coherent, and doing ok, her arm and hand is having some issues, but the doctors and staff are trying to find out EXACLLY what is going on..

I stayed with her for almost 3 hours last night, chatting, and holding her hand straight, so she could have som comfort for a short period. Seemd to help for awhile..

She went in early this morning for a MRI, and has had an EEG Monitoring Machine hooked up to her for some time, for monitoring purposes.

Though, she had an EEG Tuesday PM, and it came back fine, they are running more tests..

Just an update.. I keep you informed, or Jeremy will...

Thx!!

My prayers are with you BN.. Get better!!! To the family.. Hang in there.. Things will turn out just fine..

Amber..

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
please wish her well for me

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
prayers

our families' prayers are with her!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

please keep us informed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deal:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Same goes here our hopes and prayers are with the her and the family. keep us informed :deal: :(

·
Registered
545 Posts
Even though I have never met her, I sincerely hope for a speedy diagnosis, and thorough recovery. Get well soon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
First let me tell you that hospital cots are not comfy. and the commute from Boise to nampa is for the birds.

On to more important business. as of thismorning she still has about an hour to go on an extended EEG. Evidently the MRI didn't turn up anything big and nasty as we havn't heard anythi8ng from the doctors in over 36 hours. Her spirits are up and aside from the hand twitching thing and a bit of nausia (possibly from medication) is feeling mostly OK. I will pass along all well wishes when I get back over there this afternoon.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx Jeremy.. Keep us informed.. I will probably be coming back down this evening. I will call you guys.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, it really means a lot to me and my family. They released me yesterday eve to come home & while they still are not sure what caused my "seziure" they don't think it is likely to be repeated. I will be following up with the DR next week to find out the results of my 24 hour EEG. Eventhough I still only have use of my right hand, I am glad to be home. Will keep you all posted when I know more. :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is just the Reader's Digest version of our story this past week and a half. It turned out much longer than I expected but all the information in here is, at least, mostly crucial and of some intrest.

Hello all. Let me preface this by saying that I am not a doctor nor do I fully understand all of the terms used or the spelling and will probly mess things up in the translation as I understand them. Also I am sure to leave some details out as I have lived this for the last week and a half with much stress and emotions running high. And just so you are warned I suck at spelling.

As most of you know my wife Sabrina, known as IDJeepGirl on lanet4x4.net, had a grand maul seisure on tuesday the 13th. We took an ambulance ride to St. Al's where she still had a "localised seisure" in her left hand. After 5 hours in the emergence room and having undergone a CAT scan we were admitted upstairs and she was given some happy drugs to help her sleep. Wednesday night we finaly saw the neurologist who shruged his shoulders and ordered more tests. EEG and MRI later and everything still looked good as far as the brain was concenrned however the twitch was still in her hand. So then we got seisure medication (which didn't help anything) that made her sick, and then some more stuff to calm her stomach that made her sleep (real downer for any visiters that stopped by). Then came the extended EEG, basicly an EEG that is ran for 24 hours and we had to write down most things she did like sneezing fits, vomiting, potty trips, eating, nurse visits, etc. After the extended EEG she was cut off from her medications and then on Sat afternoon was released from the hospital, still with a twitch in her hand and no answers as to why and lots more questions.

Come Monday afternoon she had an appioment to go for a Lumbar Puncture (spinal tap). Tuesday was another appoipment for something (I have been at work all day this week so I am getting most of this second hand). Then on Wednesday she went back to the neurologist for the results of the spinal tap then back to the hospital for some more blood work. Finaly we are starting to get some questions answered.

Here is the latest skinny as Wednesday was her latest appoipment. As it turns out so far She either is recovering from or just recoverd from Viral Menigitis. Second, from the fluid they extracted from her spinal cord they did a white blood cell count and the results shocked them. they look for a count of 4 per what ever their measurement is, 5 is somthing to keep a close eye on, and 6 is time to jump on it and fix what ever is wrong. Out of the three viles that they took they got counts of 22 and 30 . This is also the same fluid that keeps the brain and spinal cord moist and clean. The doctors are thinking that she had a bad infection along her spinal cord that was able to work its was into the deep tissue in the brain and cause the seisure and is most likely responsible for the twitching in her hand. As if that wasn't enough there is also evidence that her body has decided that her body is trying to attack her body so it is trying to fight itself off. This is the reason for the last round of blood work, with any luck we will know something with her next visit to the doctor.

Well I hope that I didn't leave out any important details but I promised many of you an update as soon as I got one. If you have any questions feel free to email me and I will respond with as vague as information as I have.

I wish also to thank you all for your words of support and caring and for keeping us in your prayers.

Jeremy and Sabrina Hupe

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Jeremy Tell BN, that she got the infection from eating McDonalds....That stuff will kill you...lol :mrgreen:

Glad you made it home sabrina! Let us know if you need something :thumb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hello all,
I know you are all anxious to know the latest on my condition so here goes. I went to see the Rhumatologist yesterday. He is under the impression that the other condition I have is Lupus or Yougens Symdrome (similar to Lupus). He has not diagnosed me yet because he wants to be sure that he is correct. He ordered some more blood work to be completed. First I want to tell you that there is no one test to determine if a person has Lupus, second there is no cure for Lupus and third it CAN be a life threatening condition. :deal: For those of you that don't know what Lupus is (and I was one of them) I'll do my best to explain it to you as I understand it. It is not for sure that this is my condition, it is only still a POSSIBILTY. :scared: With Lupus your body basically attacks itself for no reason. It can attack your skin, joints, kidneys, nervous system, lungs, heart, and other blood forming organs can be affected too. They do not know what causes Lupus but belive it is a genetic disease. No one in my family has Lupus that we know of, but there are other autoimmune diseases such as Rhumatoid Arthritus in my family history. Lupus can be managed with medication, diet and excersie. And there are varying degrees of Lupus as well. As I stated before my condition is still UNKNOWN. IF it is Lupus it may just be a mild case, only time and lab results will hopefully give us some answers. If you'd like more information on Lupus. You can visit their website it is. www.lupusresearch.org I hope this information helps to put your minds at ease. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer you. Looking forward to seeing you at the Fun Crawl on Saturday.

Sabrina :eek:)
Idaho Offroad
Secretary

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ok you said with Lupus is is an untracible condition that is hereditary that can not be treated I'm just wondering how they would determine this condition? But our families thoughts and prayers are with you. We're hoping for the best take care.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
It sounds like you have a good handle on what to expect, but I know many who are able to live very full lives with it. We wish you the very best! You seem to have a great attitude. That will play a huge part in it!

·
Registered
385 Posts
boggertime said:
Ok you said with Lupus is is an untracible condition that is hereditary that can not be treated I'm just wondering how they would determine this condition? But our families thoughts and prayers are with you. We're hoping for the best take care.

A lot about Lupus is still unknown. They really don't know what causes it or if it is genetic. There are certain things that they look for to determine if someone has Lupus. ONe of them is certain antibodies in you blood. They also look for protien in your urine. I'd love to type all the other things they look for but my left hand is hurting so I'm going to post a link to the Lupus website. I hope that can answer some of your questions.

www.lupusresearch.org

1 - 17 of 17 Posts