Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be looking for a new or newish truck in the next few months... I traded my 06 Chevy 1500 for an 06 Explorer that the wife could drive a little easier... Selling her 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee (2wd, I-6, auto pm if interested... Doubtful I know...) So that leaves me without a truck for a while and that just won't do... I already have a trail/hunting rig collecting dust back home in MS... But I want something for a good daily driver and mild off-roader if the need arises... I was thinking of going with the 73-93 Chevy 1/2 tons just for ease of finding parts and wrenching on it mostly myself... Not looking for anything extreme... Maybe a 2'', 4'' lift tops... A few power mods and a little bit bigger tire... But I'm not married to any brand... Any ideas for a good daily driver that can handle off-roading if the need comes along???

You guys know much more about these things than I do... Any help would be great...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
87 - 91 F250 will take 35's with no mods, come with at least 4.10's, most of em anyway, can't beat a ZF, 302/351 or 300 I-6 if you can find it are all great motors, and best of Ford resale is soft as warm butter, so they go less than a Chev.

92- 96 will run same tire with minor mods, trim bumper, or space it.

35's on that rig with a 4.10 from the factory give you a net 3:73 or so, good all around gears.

I prefer Chev.... but that is my non biased reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts