Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Idaho top truck challenge?

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  edgewheeler 
#1 ·
Just and idea . I was laying here watching last years top truck challenge I thought it would be cool to do some thing like that. So I thought if there was any interest may be we could but some thing together. Like each club chouse one our two rigs and we could run them threw all kinds of stuff . Any interest let me now

#2 ·
Sounds pretty bitching,set it up :thumb:
So pretty much like petersens "Real Club Challenge" ,or enter rigs from this site,have a vote and mob it,some folk arent part of a club would you have a few spots open for that group of folk that just mob together on the trail?Where you going to hold it?There or down here in the owyhees?
Sounds good am pretty sure it'd be a healthy turn out,post up some dates :beer:

#5 ·
Sounds cool. 8)

Place to do it? That might be the real challenge.

We'll need:

- A hill
- Mud
- Rocks
- Obstical Course
- Combination of all the above?

Multible locations?

#6 ·
Sandman said:
Sounds cool. 8)

Place to do it? That might be the real challenge.

We'll need:

- A hill
- Mud
- Rocks
- Obstical Course
- Combination of all the above?

Multible locations?
All the above is located in Mtn Home at optimus park -- We built a course a couple of years ago, Very nice one --- Im sure we can use it anytime!!!! If we can get enough people together we could have another challange!!!

#11 ·
I dont recall seeing a hill out at Optumis Park last time I was there a few months back.Where would you hold the tow test?nor any Rocks for a mini "Rubicon",but thats definetly a good place to have one.
WOOT for raising the cash for the Assc or heck a charity of choice would be swell as well :thumb:
Definetly leave a few spots to be voted "IN" for us "non-club" folk,or hell if its going on over the weekend,could easily get 20-25 rig through no prob.3 from a club and like 5 wild card/vote ins.
Cant recall exact number or rigs for Wild West dilly I co-piloited for HBRK a few months back,but that was one day,and it went by quickly with I'm guessing at least 15 rigs where there

Set up some dates and any days ya'll need help getting it together ,as well as where to enter for a vote in and I'm down like a pimp with one hoe :finger:

#13 ·
Funny you mention this, WWOR, is and has already been looking into this. Discussion on this topic will be discussed Tuesday, at the next club meeting, I am sure the outcome will be posted after a final decison has been made, and some of the legalities have been discussed. But this is something the club decided last meeting..

Details to come..

#18 ·
At last years TTC here at the optimist park, we had a sled that was built to flat tow. We had three 3,000 lb concrete blocks that we were going add along the way. Everyone started with one, then the full pullers got another, then if anybody make it that far, the third block would go on. Unfortunately sled design was no good, but we got another ideas on another one.

We also had an obstacle course, start/stop, RTI, and egg carry (for driver skill! did I mention that was the only event I won???).

All in all I think everyone that came out had fun! Will keep ya updated on the details of our event as it develops.

BTW, here's a link to our last years, no pics though........

http://www.planet4x4.net/phpBB2/vie...s=0&postorder=asc&highlight=top+truck&start=0

#19 ·
Rudezuk said:
And this year, make it not soo much mud stuff......Make a real rock section this year :thumb:
Everyone bitched about the rock section last time and it wasnt that tough!! but I shit a rear driveshaft everytime (twice) I tried to rip up the hill out of the mud pit -- I got tired of wading through the mud trying to look for my driveshaft pieces :banghead: :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.