Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that are interested, the next general membership meeting for the Idaho State 4x4 Association is Saturday March 4th, 2006 from 6pm-8pm. Please check out the State Associations website for more information. This is the Annual meeting for the Association. We will be holding Officer elections. If you are unhappy with the way things have been going over the past year, now is your turn to step in & become part of the solution & less of the problem. We want & need your feedback, that is the best way to help get things accomplished. Hope to see you all there! :drive:

http://www.idahostate4x4association.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Sabrina.:thumb:

Are you and Jeremy going to join in the Trail Ride that morning? Linn and I will be there with the Blue Jeep. It starts on the north side of the bridge at 11:00. Hopefully it will be as warm as we've seen lately!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue-J said:
Thanks for the reminder Sabrina.:thumb:

Are you and Jeremy going to join in the Trail Ride that morning? Linn and I will be there with the Blue Jeep. It starts on the north side of the bridge at 11:00. Hopefully it will be as warm as we've seen lately!
Yep we will be there. I sure hope it is warmer than last weekend. I thought I would never thaw! LOL

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:jeep:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
IdJeepGirl said:
That would be great Mike! Do you think you can make it to the meeting to suggest it? :thumb:
It would be great to have you, or someone to present it to the other association members!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
IdJeepGirl said:
Do you think you can make it to the meeting to suggest it? :thumb:
nope,

I dont know why we cant arrange stuff online and the association has absolutly ZERO intrest in doing so. Yes I took a step and talked to the el presadinta` himself to suggest that the association and it's members discuss stuff on line or on its own forum but I was informed that wasnt gonna happen............:lame:

On another note someone might want to bring it to the attention of the association that there is a great resource for learning about issues going on in our own state with contact info on who to get ahold of in order to help our cause. it's even on thier site but no one seems to give a rip http://www.idahostate4x4association.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
muddinmike said:
nope,

I dont know why we cant arrange stuff online and the association has absolutly ZERO intrest in doing so. Yes I took a step and talked to the el presadinta` himself to suggest that the association and it's members discuss stuff on line or on its own forum but I was informed that wasnt gonna happen............:lame:

On another note someone might want to bring it to the attention of the association that there is a great resource for learning about issues going on in our own state with contact info on who to get ahold of in order to help our cause. it's even on thier site but no one seems to give a rip http://www.idahostate4x4association.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=60
Someone once told me that "if ya can't say somthing nice, don't say nothing at all." Therefore I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. It is unfortunate that you feel this way about the Association. Maybe in time we can help you understand the bigger picture. Happy wheelin'. :cool:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
muddinmike said:
nope,

Mike, I wish you would make the time to come and share all this valuable info that you have with all of us. In a meeting setting, all can learn at once, you can clarify and answer questions, and we can throw around ideas. I would really like to pick your brain about a lot of things. You seem to know a lot about all aspects of this sport that I don't know as well as you do. Again, I would like to hear your ideas. If you don't like the way the association is going, help change it. You are the type of leadership that I would be in favor of, and it would allow you to make changes that you see would help move us all in the right direction. I take nothing away from the current officers. I have spent time with them and they are trying to do thier best to further the sport in Idaho. Thank goodness someone is. :drive: :drive:

·
Registered
70 Posts
muddinmike said:
nope,

I dont know why we cant arrange stuff online and the association has absolutly ZERO intrest in doing so.
Hey Mike, there are lots of ways to communicate - and online is certainly one of them. So is talking on the phone - as you indicate you did with Bill. There are also times when getting bodies into the room is best. That's why the Association meets physically a couple times a year, and why most Clubs meet very often. You are probably aware of the benefits so I won't repeat them here.

There are also techy tools like email and forums. You posted a link to the State Forum so you know it is there. Now the cleanup has been communicated to the State Association.

Remember - the Association has two purposes:
1. Promote our sport in the arena of Land Use (keeping trails open)
2. Help Clubs be more effective in educating and benefitng members.

For the Association to stay on target, it should be available to educate local, hosting clubs in ways to run a better event. Some locals know better than anyone else, so they don't need help. Getting other clubs to attend a cleanup is not a function of the Association, exactly, but the fourm is available for that communication. Go ahead and post encouraging words behind MJ's announcement on the State Forum. Fill in the details, or your account of why you felt good about helping last year.

Many people, like Bill and the other officers of the Association and local clubs, are trying hard with their own time to BUILD a support mechanism for enthusiasts. Please contribute with a smile. :cool:

Thanks,
Ken

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
I did post up the information on the clean up on the Association's website at the same time I posted it up here. I did include an invitation for the Association to have a guest speaker if they would like to. We do have John Stewart from UNFWDA coming down to address us all as a group, and I would like to have as many people as possible there to listen to what he has to say.

Hope to see a great turn out at the clean up :thumb: :thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looking forward to attending the trail run and meeting Sat.
Is it my idea of a good time to set in a meeting for 2 hrs, then spend 3 hrs driving home? Not exactly.
But, Bill and the other commitee members spend a lot of time and hard work to make this machine run. And I will do my part to support the State Assocciation. Does it always run smooth? No.
Asking the question. "How can I help." Goes alot further than just bitching.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

Howard:thumb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lumpdog said:
I did post up the information on the clean up on the Association's website at the same time I posted it up here. I did include an invitation for the Association to have a guest speaker if they would like to. We do have John Stewart from UNFWDA coming down to address us all as a group, and I would like to have as many people as possible there to listen to what he has to say.

Hope to see a great turn out at the clean up :thumb: :thumb:
Thank you Chris for helping us to stay positive. I think it is great you are trying to work with the Association, best you can. Kudos to you. :beer:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
IdJeepGirl said:
Someone once told me that "if ya can't say somthing nice, don't say nothing at all." Therefore I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. It is unfortunate that you feel this way about the Association. Maybe in time we can help you understand the bigger picture. Happy wheelin'. :cool:

guess I'll keep my pie hole shut then, just wanted to toss out a few tidbits that I figured would be beneficial for the organization......

Until next time
:beer:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Just dont get pist every time and start yapping. You always have good ideas, you just keep em heated instead of being humble. There is a fine line and it is hard to see, but you got to use your undying knowledge and dedication for good. Help build instead of always trying to part the seas and riling folks up. CONTRIBUTE and take accountability for it. Why cant you see that the wheelers here are one team and the folks against us are the other? Give all that god given brutal honesty a whirl for the cause, and try to conjure up support instead of... shutting up or being pist. I know we have talked about this, the whole point is dont shut up, dont give up, work harder and effectively communicating your points. We all see comments like the association is crap... well why? What makes it crap, what can be done to make it better and you better stick around to help, since you have been enlightened and have such a thorough perspective on it. mmmmkay?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
go for it.

I hear they are taking floor nominations for the office's...................................................

HAHAHAHHAHA

1 - 20 of 29 Posts