Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***Update: it does include a shirt***

I just got emailed some info about the trail ride and rally

Registration includes Info Packet, Friday night picnic, Saturday lunch and dinner.
Pre-registration deadline September 3rd:
Association Adults: $45.00
Non Association Adults:$55.00
Children under 10: $20.00

After September 3rd: $55.00

The local clubs should have the registration forms to fill out, contact me if you can't find one locally and I can email it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Yeah, that would cost me $130 just to show up.

I hope it turns out well but I will not make it either.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I think we need to post this feedback on the association's website too.

I just got the info tonight as well. I shared it with the club with the same reaction too. I don't know but my opinion is that they could cut some of the extra stuff like the lunch on Saturday and the food at the meet and greet and make it more affordable for more people. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
That seems a little steep but I would like to go at least one day. Maybe the should allow for partial admission. I would rather hit one meal and all the trail rides. I beileve a keep it simple stupid until the association grows to spread costs over a larger base would be prudent.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not sure if we will be able to make it either. I agree w/what ya'll are saying. Cut out lunch on Saturday or something?? I don't mean to complain as i'm sure they have put a LOT of work into planning this event. It does seem a little pricey though. :?

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Wow 90 bucks for me and the wife I think they should cut out a couple of the meals or something like Paul said a paritial regristration For 90 bucks I won't be able to go. :( :(

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
same

yup, me too! gas in my pig is just enuff!! lol too rich for me!!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I understand the need to make a buck to support the association but always hitting the members up to do it will scare people off. We had to pay to get in and now we have to pay to show up. I dont mind paying but that is too much. There should be an option to opt out of meals or something. By the time I pay that fee, gas and camping and other food, I am real close to how much it costs me to go to Moab. Or just doing something else like a camping trip or something.

My personal feeling is that the association make an effort to raise money from another source. Carwashes or something, which the clubs will have to do as they are the only members. I smell BURNOUT.

I feel that the association should be open to individual members. Most Club members are already putting time into the local club and adding in duties to something else on top will (IMHO) be too much for many for a hobby sport. A pool of individual members would be more motivated to support this effort.

I know after all the club activities that we are doing in the next three months, Its enough. I wont be going to Twin because I need the time for something else.

And the money.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I agree. I don't need the friday night get together (can't we do that on the trail??), the lunch, or the tshirt. Cut those out and lets have one meal, and some trail rides. And make it a one day'er if possible so that those that don't want to stay the night can go home.

Now that said, I had a great time at the trail ride at March's meeting. Spent one night there, wheeled for a few hours and hit the road home. And the Twin Falls club gets too much of the duty, mainly because they are the midpoint for everyone to make the meetings. So I am very appreciative of the time and effort they have put into this!! I just wish it was priced where I could attend.

I agree with Sandman's comment about getting burned out. I like the purpose behind the Association, and will gladly pay out my $10 every year to support it. Oh well.....Every organization has some ups and downs, but I hope this ones continues the efforts to keep our trails open!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
$45 for 3 meals, I realize there are other costs involved here but the whole point of these activities should be to get poeple there. If noone shows up then there is no point in even having an "event". The poeple I know that are in leadership positions in the Assc don't use the internet someone should turn them onto this thread. If camping was including in the $45 a person then it might be more reasonable but 3 meals and an info packet. I want to see the Assc succeed but will not be going to this mainly because of the cost. Our club will talk about it tommorow night but I doubt the response will be any different than what has been on here. :( :(

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am not even going to point out all that I think is wrong with this event and the price, because all of you have already said it, So I will just say...

I agree!

Way too much money after getting back from a trip to Moab, if the vehicle is even in the condition to go wheeling again......

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I emailed Melinda about the concerns we all had, and this was the response in two emails that I got.

We didn't include a breakfast because all of the hotels we called all offer either the deluxe breakfast or a continental breakfast with your stay. We are hoping people stay at the shilo inn just so we get the banquet roomed comped and they offer a coupon for a meal at Perkins. I am going to have to check with Jeff before I respond to the t-shirt question. Thanks, Melinda

If you would like to let everyone know. I am sorry that they are financially unable to attend this years trail ride. I really thought that because we have all talked about it for the last year you might have planned your budgets to include the trip. I would hope that when it is your turn to host the event you have better luck with planning to accomidate everyone. Our intent was to try to make it a fun, stress free event for everyone coming and I know that having the food provided is always a plus in my book.-Thanks, Melinda

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Well I hope they have a good turnout and hopefully next year when the Snake River Off roaders and Steep and Deep host this we can keep it more affordable :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Well I know it is hard to tell ones tone on the net but that seems a little snotty. The association is in it first offical year right? So I would think keeping an event simple until you have a member base large enough to do more things would make sense. The events focus should be to get more members and provide a fun enthusiastic event. Now I'm sure the event will be a fun time but it is far from inspiring to get new and present members. Baby steps are needed to get everyone on board and enthusiastic about the the association.

P.S. the close proximity of the Idaho run and the labor day Moab run is probably why we haven't budgeted for the Idaho run. Lets see Twin falls or Moab? You make the freaking call... :roll:

·
Registered
385 Posts
[/quote]I feel that the association should be open to individual members. Most Club members are already putting time into the local club and adding in duties to something else on top will (IMHO) be too much for many for a hobby sport. A pool of individual members would be more motivated to support this effort.

I know after all the club activities that we are doing in the next three months, Its enough. I wont be going to Twin because I need the time for something else.

And the money.[/quote]

Just an FYI The Association has chenged its bylaws to allow individual membership. There is however a catch. For an individual the dues are $40 instead of the $10 that existing club members pay. Also for those that are interested there will be a way to keep track of individual members as well as club members as the decals for the Assocation will have something similar to a registration number printed on them. This is comming straight from the horses mouth. Just thought I'd let ya'll know. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts