Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.idahostate4x4association.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=423#423

You all have to go look at this.

The association has voted 3:1 in favor in closing some land down with the Owyhee Initiative Agreement.

Grip Guru was the only one on the council who voted no to this.

I am still in shock that the 4x4 State Association, that is here to keep our lands open, would say yes to closing ANY land down!:pissed:

Read for your selves....

Shane

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
How can we recall our association leadership?

If not I will see you at fun crawl with my sticker and give it back to MR. Taylor. This is a bunch of Bullsh^t. This is how this law will pass because it will be spun that Idaho Off Road motorist support when we don't but a couple do.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I also want to thank him for dooming 90% of the area that I hunt. I hunt that area because it is hard to get to and very rugged. But no we will turn it into wilderness since maybe a couple hundred people use it a year. Well I am one of them. I guess that is what lobbyist do twist the truth and all.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would wager it is politics. I'm suprised they don't have anything up yet on their web page. I agree with you Shane. I do find it out of step with the ones paying the dues for the association. Did this shut down your trails?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well I took some time to become educated about the Owyhe Initiative just after the 4x4 community got involved, My out take is we would have lost the battle regardless of our input at that time, It had already picked up too much momentem, What it boild down to as I see it, The feds locked up some prime areas about ten years ago and called them "Study areas" and kept these revenue generating areas off limits to the Owyhee county farmers and ranchers, Then they offered to return this land to the county if everyone would sign off on a wilderness area proposal, they threatened to lock up much more land than they ultimately settled for. It is an old game and boils down to nothing more than government sponsered political blackmail with the tree huggers getting the blame or praise for making it happen[ depends on your point of view], In my opinion however that is no reason for the 4x4 group to laydown and play dead at everyones expense. We were going to lose the ground anyway, why give the feds the opinion that we are an easy target and they can continue to remove pubic lands from motorized access and we will just help them do it rather than calling their bluff. Its time people started to represent themselves at these meetings as well as the associated groups. If the posey sniffers and the feds think we will actually put up a fight rather than just tip over for a short term political benefit maybe they won't be quite so quick to try to take advantage. Just my .02 worth

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well I took some time to become educated about the Owyhe Initiative just after the 4x4 community got involved, My out take is we would have lost the battle regardless of our input at that time, It had already picked up too much momentem, What it boild down to as I see it, The feds locked up some prime areas about ten years ago and called them "Study areas" and kept these revenue generating areas off limits to the Owyhee county farmers and ranchers, Then they offered to return this land to the county if everyone would sign off on a wilderness area proposal, they threatened to lock up much more land than they ultimately settled for. It is an old game and boils down to nothing more than government sponsered political blackmail with the tree huggers getting the blame or praise for making it happen[ depends on your point of view], In my opinion however that is no reason for the 4x4 group to laydown and play dead at everyones expense. We were going to lose the ground anyway, why give the feds the opinion that we are an easy target and they can continue to remove pubic lands from motorized access and we will just help them do it rather than calling their bluff. Its time people started to represent themselves at these meetings as well as the associated groups. If the posey sniffers and the feds think we will actually put up a fight rather than just tip over for a short term political benefit maybe they won't be quite so quick to try to take advantage. Just my .02 worth

Very well put Chuck.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
If we do end up with representation on this I think it will be a better way to go than having it taken with no representation.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I will see you at fun crawl with my sticker and give it back to MR. Taylor.
I never put mine on, serial number and all so I can be tracked if I do something I shouldn't :rolleyes:

SO do we still need to worry about putting on the state association fun run next year over here in boise or should we make it a planet4x4 fun run HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :idea:

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
If we do end up with representation on this I think it will be a better way to go than having it taken with no representation.

If we currently dont have representation, why would they give it to us?

I have very large problems supporting a proposal that does not allow us (motorists) any say in the distribution of funds and resources. Now if it passes, we have no one to fight for us, they can (not saying they will) continue shutting down the land, or redesignating the areas for other recreational purposes.

·
Registered
401 Posts
SO do we still need to worry about putting on the state association fun run next year over here in boise or should we make it a planet4x4 fun run HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :idea:
While I do realize that you are joking we need to be careful with that idea. As I understand it, a lot of work has gone into organizing the association and we shouldn't let all of that get washed up. If you are unhappy with the leadership then do something about that but don't wipe out the entire association. That would be a major setback and no help to our cause.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Yes, I am joking. Didn't take too long for the fun police to come out this time.

·
Registered
393 Posts
While I do realize that you are joking we need to be careful with that idea. As I understand it, a lot of work has gone into organizing the association and we shouldn't let all of that get washed up. If you are unhappy with the leadership then do something about that but don't wipe out the entire association. That would be a major setback and no help to our cause.
:bowdown: I agree!! The association can and should be very beneficial to all 4x4 users, whether they are part of a group, a designated club, or an independent back country traveler. The concept is good, if we disagree with the current administration, first make sure you understand there stance and if you still disagree either help eveyone understand your reasons or better yet get fully involved in the hiarchy. Standing back and complaing gains little, get involved, vote, have constuctive comments and donate some time and effort to help all off roaders. This needs to be done, quickly and decisively or we will all pay the price in a very few short years:thumb:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I understood Mike and being a joker, but cannot thank you enough for this great, respectable point of view. There is no way that anyone could possibly have said it better. Thank you.

As far as the rest, I said my piece last week. I side with AH as I am sure that most of you do.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes, I am joking. Didn't take too long for the fun police to come out this time.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am really upset that we have paid our membership to Idaho 4x4 Association and they are doing the opposite of what they say they are trying to do!​

Apparently they are suppose to be helping with the local, state & federal land issues effecting our community - obviously people THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!!!!!​

Idaho Offroad 4X4 President, Howard Shields, stated that he was in favor of it because we "need to get in bed with the Ranchers and the Environmentalists", well I don't know about you but most environmentalists DO NOT want us anywhere!!!! They simply want us to go away!! Well I guess that's already starting to happen since our Association can't stand up for the 4 wheeling Community. This makes me sick!!!! To me this shows that they have a complete disregard for our thoughts and feelings on the issues that matter. Nate has worked his tail off bringing these issues to our attention so that our favorite pasttime can continue. I have heard from numerous people on this issue and not one single one of them supported this Initiative. How then does our Board come to a 5 to 1 decision that they will vote for this?????​

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
There are quite a few concerns and comments being posted up. Make sure you post them HERE on the Association site as well. The feedback there is needed.

I don't really have a stand on the whole situation, I have read and researched the Initiative, and have yet to gain enough knowledge about it to make an informed decision. Some parts of it I can live with, but others I can't.

Now, as most of you know, the Owyhee 4x4 Coalition has been formed to help retain the use of the Owyhees for our recreation. This Coalition was formed by few determined enthusiasts and is comprised of some members of the Association, and some indepedent parties. The goal was to maintain a shared view and decision making of our actions towards such legislation as the Owyhee Initiative. Now we have formed and tried to gather information too late in the game, and that has hurt us in our ability to fight back. But I don't agree that we should sit beside the dinner table like a begging dog waiting for a scrap to be thrown to us every now and again. We need to be jumping up and down and barking loud to get our goals noticed. If we lay down when we are told, we will always be expected too. This is solely my opinion and not meant to be a bash on the Association, but I do think a terrible decision was made to make a forced vote of just the Board. A decision of this magnitude should have been made after feedback from your individual members. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this Thursday's meeting.

Chris

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
346 Posts
There are quite a few concerns and comments being posted up. Make sure you post them HERE on the Association site as well. The feedback there is needed.

I don't really have a stand on the whole situation, I have read and researched the Initiative, and have yet to gain enough knowledge about it to make an informed decision. Some parts of it I can live with, but others I can't.

Now, as most of you know, the Owyhee 4x4 Coalition has been formed to help retain the use of the Owyhees for our recreation. This Coalition was formed by few determined enthusiasts and is comprised of some members of the Association, and some indepedent parties. The goal was to maintain a shared view and decision making of our actions towards such legislation as the Owyhee Initiative. Now we have formed and tried to gather information too late in the game, and that has hurt us in our ability to fight back. But I don't agree that we should sit beside the dinner table like a begging dog waiting for a scrap to be thrown to us every now and again. We need to be jumping up and down and barking loud to get our goals noticed. If we lay down when we are told, we will always be expected too. This is solely my opinion and not meant to be a bash on the Association, but I do think a terrible decision was made to make a forced vote of just the Board. A decision of this magnitude should have been made after feedback from your individual members. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this Thursday's meeting.

Chris
Chris is the meeting this Thursday ? I haven't got an e-mail. I'm assuming my e-mail system is picking it up as spam. I know it is suppose to be every second Thursday. I'm hoping every one shows up to this one. Every one needs to be there.

Also for others viewing this thread
Blue97TJ aka Ken Nixon has commented on the Associations page and explains a little about the vote and why and how it came about. Take some time to read that also before ripping into these fellas. This isn't a done deal by far.
Cyuh !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.