Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WWOR (Wild West Off Roaders) are hosting a clean up day in Mtn. Home (pending a club vote at April's meeting of course). The Association is backing this clean up project, as well as some local businesses. All the clubs on here are part of the association, and are invited to come down and help. We would also like to invite anyone that would like to volunteer to show up! We will be having a write up in the local newspaper about our actions, including the names of participating clubs, businesses, etc. I am working at getting BLM to help us in any way possible also!

Date: April 24, 2005
Time: 10:00 am
Place: Cinder Butte

I will be having one of our club members put up a map to where it's at. We also may be barbecueing hot dogs and hamburgers and such, and I would like to offer these to everyone that helps for free. So if you would like to donate hot dogs, buns, hamburgers, etc. to help put this on that would be great, please post up!

Please visit the WWOR forum for updates and such http://www.planet4x4.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1863

Thanks!

Chris

Here are just a couple pics of the area, but this trash is everywhere!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is a great idea!

I would be there with my trailer to haul the junk, but April 24th is the day Jeremy is taking the Idaho 4x4 club on a run to Bruneau.

Be sure to post the next good samaritan event like this too!

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it started by me just putting this together. We haven't "officially" voted by the club to call it a WWOR event, but I have talked to a bunch of the members and the Pres....and everyone has been a go for it. Then I called Bill Taylor, and he told me that the Association will be behind us 100% and that the Association will help in any way possible and will try to get the other clubs to try to join in.

So, I guess it's really gonna be both! :thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
if anybody is feeling really motivated then during the cleanup we should collect all the spent brass we find and turn it in to recycling, that stuff should be worth a few bucks. With a bunch of people out there it might actually be profitable for wither wwor or the 4wd assosciation

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Chris/Amber, Darrell (I think) and I will be there representing HDOR. I will be bringing some "potato" sacks and my 10x6 utility trailer to help haul stuff around to the dumpster/recycle bins. PM me with any other "needs" or requests and I'll see what I can do. Got alot of shovels and gloves (do fencing for a living), how many you short?

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
who's invited?

Can anybody come and help or is it just for members of WWOR?

If it's just for members, how do I join?

If anybody can help, where do I sign-up?

Give me a holler.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
267 Posts
W'ell be there Chris! Let me know anything else to bring. We got a meeting time and place yet? Or did I overlook that. I would assume just meet out there but not sure. :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Woo Hoo! This is an official WWOR event now!! Thanks to all those who have supported this so far!

THERE WILL BE A MEETING POINT AT THE CHEVRON/BUGER KING AT EXIT 90. FOR THOSE OF YOU COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN, IF YOU MEET THERE BY 9:45 AM, YOU WILL BE GUIDED TO THE SITE!

It is actually pretty easy to take the back way. Take exit 90, turn right at the Chevron, follow that road and take a left on Bypass road. It begins as a well maintained dirt road, then turns into pavement, follow it around to the road at the southside of the Butte, and Voila, you're there!

I will try to have some signs posted up for this where the turns are.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got some great news today!!

Talked with the land managers today and got the blessing to go ahead with the clean up. The club will be getting a Letter of Authorization as well as a letter commending our efforts!

We will be serving some hamburgers and hot dogs, as well as the drinks and chips for FREE to everyone that comes out, or until it's all gone.

I am also setting up a door prize giveaway for those that attend. This will not be a raffle. At the end of the day, we will draw names from a jar from those who attended, and give away prizes courtesy of the donations from local businesses.

If you have something you would like to donate either to the clean up or for the door prizes, please get a hold of me!!!

Hope to see a great turn out !!

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·