Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pulled in last night from our tour of Idaho, it ended up being a good trip. We began in Bozeman, MT and headed down through Yellowstone with the intentions of going thorough the Tetons and camping somewhere in there and coming out at Jackson, but the road was closed until Friday. So we detoured over to Rexburg and cut across to Craters of the Moon and spent the night there. Luckily it was about 10:30 when we pulled in and I didn’t see how desolate it was until the next morning. Did a couple quick tours since we were there and continued on to Nampa. Stayed with Wildgoose (thanks a bunch!!) and managed to get some night wheeling in on Thursday with Wildgoose and Mighty Mouse. Did a quick run up through Meat Grinder. The next day (Thursday) Spinach, Wildgoose, and I headed for a quick ride through Carnage canyon. Both trips were awesome with no major trail damage. I just managed to mangle my Planet4x4 sticker on got some rock rash on one of my flares. It was a toss up between the most damage flare between the rock rash and the Wildgoose Carnaged flare. (You’ll have to ask him on that one) Both great trails, and now I realize how much I missed the surrounding areas there. Saturday we headed up through Stanley (never stop there for gas, 3.50/gal!!) and camped out in Salmon. We finished the trip by going over Chief Joseph Pass, Big Hole Battlefield, and Virginia City. All in all, it was a great trip! Had the GPS going the length of the trip, the little B2 managed to do over 1200 miles and a total accent of over 38,000 ft. I was very impressed. With the tires and gears I managed to pull about 16mpg (a lot better than expected). Well, now on to the pics of the couple of trail runs. I have a few, and I’ll try not to bore you with the rest of the trip.

My girlfriend took all these pics, and some turned out real well.
I was looking through a Crawl magazine and shot a quick comment on how cool some of the pics in the mag turned out. On the trail I jokily brought up the magazine and asked her if she was taking magazine quality pics.
She quickly shot back “Is your rig a magazine quality rig?”
That was the end of that conversation…

On with the pics

Meat Grinder night wheeling (the light wasn’t perfect so some pics turned out a bit blurred)

Wildgoose walking up the waterfall.

Me getting denied on the waterfall

Getting a little air time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Carnage Canyon with Wildgoose, Spinach, and I on Friday.

More air time for me

Spinach doing the twist

This is where I scratch my nice new sticker

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More…

“Does this jack make my ass look big??”

Spinach with some air time…

Spinach with a new line

Breaking over and holding onto his seat with his butt…

·
Registered
213 Posts
awsome pics of carnage, oh and tell emily thanx for taking pics of my rig, im working on maiking that dvd, when i get it ill mail it to ya:thumb:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She actually has a thing against Toyota's, and so do I, so i didn;t feel like postin any pics of your rig.
Actualy you're just too dang fast and crawl right through everything before she had a chance to jump out and take pics, but I'll let her know!!
Good trip, and it was good seeing you again, I'll work on the June trip to Rexburg!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Emily the pics look great and it was awesome having you guys come down!

Swiss your rig had a few spots that were too much for it (only because of wheelbase and bumpers) but for a true daily driver that is still totally street legal I don't think I have seen anyone do much better. Lets face it you drove over 500 miles down here and hit a couple of tough trails that didn't get their names for no reason and then drove home. I'm impressed.

ps. Pat (spinach) that line leaving carnage on the wall was sick man!:thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Great to see you again Swiss!

I love how well the double tcase is working out...just fix that leak and get some tougher rock sliders and you'll be set.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
That looks like it was agreat time. :thumb:

Hoepfully we'll see you in Rexburg. :smokin:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am looking forward to it! Already signed up. :drive:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts