Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just about a week away from this great event and the registrations are coming up short. Give it some more thought, go to the website, and sign up!

The folks in Twin, and other Association officers have worked hard to organize this event for you, the off-road enthusiasts. Don't let them down.

I know there was a prior thread on the costs involved. They may sound high, but are a good value for all that is included. If we can hit the attendance mark it may even put a few dollars into the fund to support our sport!

www.idahostate4x4association.com is the site. There are even a few pics from this past March when the first member meeting was held and some trails were run.

Thanks.

8)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sounds like it should be fun, but so was Moab last weekend and now I am just plain old broke!!!!!! Have a :beer: or :beer: :beer: for me at the dinner though....

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I won't be stateside in time to make it. Also you scheduled your Nampa Event on the same day as the Weiser Mudbog's Oct 1st. So I will be going to Weiser. Sorry

·
Registered
385 Posts
We will be there! Our Jeep is back up & going thanks to Shane at HBRK 4x4 :beer: Hope to see as many of you that can make it. Should be a blast! whistle

·
Registered
1 Posts
:thumb:
Marlene and I will be there. I know that it will cost a few bucks, but the more that we support our organization, the more wheelin' we will all enjoy in the future. Still time to sign up and have a good time!! Rock On!

·
Registered
137 Posts
don't have the $$ to get the willys fixed...steering box...t-case...but I am trying to get the time off work to come down and shoot some video like i did for the one in boise last year.....

i even got the OK from the wifey to head down if i can get the time off....

damn work....but they do pay wellon the weekends!!!

JIM

·
Registered
46 Posts
anyone know what time they are planning on hitting the trails sat. i don't want to pay all that money to go wheel where i do every weekend (i know it is for a good cause but i am strapped for cash). but i would be interested in maybe taking the motorbike out and watching the action, so if anyone knows when they will be heading out or where they are meeting that would be cool. heck i could even snap some pics to get up here on the site that same weekend.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I read on their site that if you are not paying the fee YOU ARE NOT WELCOME to attend the run either.

lovely isn't it :roll:

·
Registered
137 Posts
i believe it was that way too for the boise run the last time we did it...

Why allow people to wheel if you did not pay to go on the run...takes away the REASON that we are supporting the Association...

I love all the people who have their panties in a knot over the price etc...actually it is comical...

I was able afford to go since I sold some 42's and bead locks that ended up in my drive way :finger:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am thinking that with gas at $1 higher than last year and since it is in the middle of the state this time that gas will only be like $20 more than heading out there for the general meeting. there is still the idea of lodging for 3 days tho..

just my $0.02

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
First off

jimmer said:
I was able afford to go since I sold some 42's and bead locks that ended up in my drive way :finger:
:finger: dick :finger: :rotfl:

jimmer said:
i believe it was that way too for the boise run the last time we did it...
I attended the meet and greet friday night, trail run and after trail run BBQ on saturday last year and never payed any fee. I didn't partake in the food either so I couldn't see what it mattered

jimmer said:
Why allow people to wheel if you did not pay to go on the run...takes away the REASON that we are supporting the Association...
maybe because we are all ready part of the "association"..............

Some people say I am an asshole and thats fine, Im just posting how I see things in an un-sugar coated kind of way..........

just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ontherocks said:
Im still waiting for this to happen!!!!!

Hello I am Bill Taylor, president of the Idaho State 4x4 Assoc. In response to all the comments that have been made about the upcoming Trail Ride in Twin Falls & Assoc. issues, I would like for you to help me out. Would everyone that has any questions or concerns please put your questions on the IdahoState4x4Association.com forum and I will personally answer them by 10pm on Sunday July 31st. At that time I will make an official statement on what the Assoc. is doing and bring all up to date. All commuications for the Assoc. will be communicated on the Idaho State 4x4 Assoc. website. If you would like to talk to me by phone, call me at 208-989-4245 or e-mail at [email protected]. Thank you for your many efforts to keep our sport alive and your willingness to serve.
Sincerely,
Bill Taylor
I think this is what you were talking about. http://www.idahostate4x4association.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29

·
Registered
252 Posts
Go back and read what is highlighted in red THEN check the name at the bottom of that reply THEN go to the link you supplied, Check who posted that, Yea I didnt think they where the same person NOW go back and read what is highlighted in red ONE MORE TIME.
I think they got the wrong person in the top spot in the Assoc. looks to me like Joe is the guy that answers everyones questions and trys to communicate with everyone, at least he has an interest in whats happening with the members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
ontherocks said:
Go back and read what is highlighted in red THEN check the name at the bottom of that reply THEN go to the link you supplied, Check who posted that, Yea I didnt think they where the same person NOW go back and read what is highlighted in red ONE MORE TIME.
I think they got the wrong person in the top spot in the Assoc. looks to me like Joe is the guy that answers everyones questions and trys to communicate with everyone, at least he has an interest in whats happening with the members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as someone does it I dont care. Seems anal to me doug. I know everybody is pretty fired up about this thing, but who cares, it really has a meaningful purpose. It is just going to have some hiccups. Maybe I am just too forgiving, but most of us dont have enough time to take care of our every passion. That is when the wallets need to loosen up to have folks that spend the time have your support. I wish I was going. After all my PRO association banter, I still have no rig and this weekend I HAVE to get it running. Sorry, but I hope to participate in the next JAMBO.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Im concerned about giving my money and time to club who doesnt do what they say they are going to do. You have got to have some very dedicated people at the top of a new club to get it going ---- I have been down these roads before --- Pour my hard earned cash and time into a club just to have it fold because the top brass woudnt communicate, lost interest, wouldnt work together.
If someone says they are going to PERSONALLY do something and someone else has got to step up to the plate to cover his ass, That doesnt say much about the top brass of that club.
The first year a club is established IS the most important in showing what the club is about. Ya cant have excuses like, "sorry our communication isnt very good" or " we are new at this give us a break" "but can you still give us your money" Sorry but I think I will wait and let the assoc. prove to me its worth joining :deal:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts