Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
ITTC Wench!
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I received a phone call Wendsday night from Jeff at Bucks 4x4 informing me that I won the $10,000.00 truck make over. HOLLY CRAP!!!!!
I am sooooooo excited!!! I'm dropping my truck off to them tomorrow and will get it back right before we leave for Moab. Here is what I won:
6" BDS Suspension Lift
Tire and Wheel Package
Road-Armor Winch Bumper
Warn Winch
Piaa Lights
Westin Stainless Nerf Bars
Truxedo Tonneau Cover
Bushwacker Fender Flares
painted by SteelHead Collision

I'm still in shock!

·
Registered
545 Posts
freakin sweeeet!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Thats awesome. I guess you don't need that 350$ for gears now.

I won a 10K makeover too, it was in the form of a trip to Iraq.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
What truck do you have? I thought you guys had the Jeep and a Armanda or whatever that SUV is called :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Just wait until April 15th then you can figure out if it was really 10k or not after you deduct the taxes.

Congrats!

Are you doing all of this to the Dodge?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Excellent!!!! :drool:

·
ITTC Wench!
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What truck do you have? I thought you guys had the Jeep and a Armanda or whatever that SUV is called :rotfl:
Had a Toyota Sequoia and traded it in for a 2006 Dodge 1 Ton Mega Cab.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Are you going to re-gear? I'm guessing with a 6" lift you are going to a 38ish tire? (Can fit 35s stock... so 38s should clear without much trouble). That'll be kinda messed up though that the tow rig has bigger tires than the wheeling rig :rotfl:

·
ITTC Wench!
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lehi - The gears are for the Jeep. I got "us" some Chromali axels for our wedding aniversary and when I gave them to Jeff he said "Cool, now I might as well gets the new gears (4:88) and do everything at the same time!" That is were the $350 comes in, to get both front and rear gears. I really dont need to barrow it from you (thank you so much for the offer though) we have the money in savings but since it's so close to Moab, he doesnt think he could get everything done in time. Plus we are bugging John Booth to make a set of slidders for the jeep before we go...but he has a hugh "Burb" in his shop that he's tring to finish for someone. Now if there is anybody out there who is willing to help Jeff put new gears and axels in before we leave for Moab, let me know and Lunch, Dinner and Beer is on us!

Eric - thanks for the heads up for tax time!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Lehi - The gears are for the Jeep. I got "us" some Chromali axels for our wedding aniversary and when I gave them to Jeff he said "Cool, now I might as well gets the new gears (4:88) and do everything at the same time!" That is were the $350 comes in, to get both front and rear gears. I really dont need to barrow it from you (thank you so much for the offer though) we have the money in savings but since it's so close to Moab, he doesnt think he could get everything done in time. Plus we are bugging John Booth to make a set of slidders for the jeep before we go...but he has a hugh "Burb" in his shop that he's tring to finish for someone. Now if there is anybody out there who is willing to help Jeff put new gears and axels in before we leave for Moab, let me know and Lunch, Dinner and Beer is on us!

Eric - thanks for the heads up for tax time!

Sherri, Not a problem. On the Burb in Johns shop .....:shame: .... I am waiting for him to put a plaque on the wall saying Lehi Hartwell has kindly paid for this here shop.

I would talk to Nate I know he can setup gears and he is a single Airmen with nothing better to do.:bowdown::popcorn:

Can't wait to see the Dodge. Also how does all the work affect the warranty?

·
Registered
288 Posts
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:
theres no words other than damn thats nice.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm sooo stinkin' jealous. lol. I never win anything, especially in Vegas. Just a born loser I guess.
Congrats on your luck. Nice, Nice rig.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Those bumpers look way better on that style 3rd gen vs the 2nd or early 3rd gens. Follows the truck really nicely.

You should get some fender liners for the rear. Dodge is so cheap now a days they don't come with the truck, so you have to buy them!

Chris said something about kicking me in the nuts if I got the pocket flares for my truck, guess he hates them?? :rotfl: I like them, just they don't make them for the 2nd gens.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts