Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of mods i would have to do if i put a 4 inch lift an 37inch tires on a 73 k 5 blazer would i have to langthen the drive shafts and put longer brake lines what else would i have to do mayber a drop pitman arm would there have to be anything that dealed with stearing thanks for any help :beer: :beer: :beer:

jeramie :beer:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
You should be pretty good. You can bend the stock brakelines up in the font on the caliper to make the clearance and same on the rear. The drivelines should be OK on a 4" lift. You do want a raised steering arm or drop link, either one. You can get by for a bit without it but they are easy to find used.

You will want to run a steering brace of some kind. The hydro assist is the best deal if you can swing it.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If you plan on lifting it to put 37's on there....I would go 2wd steering box and xover steering!

A cheap way to get extended brake lines is to get 4-6" rubber extensions from your local parts store :thumb:

Dlines should be good, although 4" for the front is borderline needing extended for wheeling!

1 - 3 of 4 Posts