Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny all said and done I took out 7" of lift which is more than alot of folks ever put on.

Gona need a zero rate up front and some more trimming but I think I can make it work. Nice part is the 49"ers won't be so hard to fit next time round. :rotfl:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right there. It is missing a chunk. I closed in the back so it would all still be weather tight. I'll try and take some pics of it tomorrow. Got some things to finish up and then i'll clickety a few shots.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Wow! Now that looks different. Are you going to cut the fenders out more?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
AHEM

cybrfire said:

Gona need a zero rate up front and some more trimming but I think I can make it work. Nice part is the 49"ers won't be so hard to fit next time round. :rotfl:

:finger:

well it was nice knowing yall I think matt's gonna bam me now

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sandman said:
Wow! Now that looks different. Are you going to cut the fenders out more?
I did alot more fender trimming today. Took probably another 5 lbs of sheetmetal off. :deal: Not gona get too crazy on the fender trimming till my friend can bring the forklift over and flex it out for me a little bit but that will probably have to wait till the drive train is in and close to done. Then I can do all those little things that require a knowledge of suspension travel, like shocks, brake lines, drive lines and the like.

It does look different. When I first saw it down I thought it looked stupid to be honest. Now the more I look at it the more I like it. It kinda looks wider, the tires look bigger and somehow it looks more realistic than before.

Plans for the rest of the fall are to put in the rear cage portion and all the other goodies that go out back. Then I can concentrate on the cage over the winter and get the caddy motor dropped in. For the first time it doesn't seem like an endless list.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
muddinmike said:
AHEM

cybrfire said:

:finger:

well it was nice knowing yall I think matt's gonna bam me now

:finger: :thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rokbrkr said:
looks good Kert, that's still a huge blazer :thumb: , not to bum you out, but the list is always endless :banghead:
:banghead: Ya, your right about that. I have to brake it up like, a list to do before winter, A list to do before the engine goes in, then a list to drive it. Then there will be a whole list of things I want to change or finish.

Somewhere in there I plan to start building an entire tube buggy which is slated as this jimmy's replacement.

Pretty sad, not even done and plans are in the works for a replacement.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
dats puuurrrrrdy......
how did you make it? I have some sort of govt. manual for converting a topper to something like that, but it basically just makes it into a pickup, not extended like that one... I'm definately interested in the technical process of making that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've seen that government write up. It was for the forest service or something like that wasn't it? I have pictures of it in progress. I'll dig them up if I can think of it sometime.

Basically I removed as much of the window area that I could and retain some kind of length to keep backseats. Ground all the edges down real good and used aluminum strips to screw it together temporarily and keep the edges lined up. Fiberglassed all the open areas. Then pulled off the aluminum strips and glassed the rest. A little body work and your there. Hardest part was the weather stripping. Still need a little work there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts