Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the rig out tonight. I was driving in four low when all of a sudden there is a vibration and a bang out of the front end. I get out and look at everything nothing looks out of place, binding or leaking. I get back in and start to drive again nothing for a few minutes and then it does it again. I look at the driveline and it shows no signs of binding at all. Could a hub not be fully engaging cause this? I have the Warn 35 spline hubs that everyone has been raving about :roll: . I disengaged the t-case but left the hubs in and drove but I got no vibration and no bang. It acts like something is engaging and disengaging but I'm at a loss. Any clues, I'm at alose.. Help

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
If a hub isn't fully engaged it can make some clunking and banging noises. I got an idea call Brant make him lie down and then drive over him and try and get it to bang and clunk again. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
On dirt or pavement?

Sounds like something is slowly binding up and then releasing. Are you locked in the front? Maybe unlock one hub and then the other to see if the noise continues?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have a full detroit up front. I was on a dirt road when it started acting up. I will try the unlocking hub thing. It doesn't do it repeatedly sometimes it takes awhile and other times it will happen close to each other.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Do you have a CV front driveshaft Paul? Might want to check that. I had a freind that we actually had to take his driveshaft out before we could tell it was bad. Hope you get the problem solved :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts