Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there have a CJ7 radiator they are willing to part with or I have a broken one if anyone knows how to fix one:darn:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I know how to fix them :idea: Oh wait every one I have fixed doesn't work anymore. What wrong with it Kenny. I have crimped off bunches of tubes in mine in the past and it has still worked.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I gat a spare Mazda radiator someone gave me for my 225 you can have. Probably a little small for your motor though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've got a radiator from my 72 CJ5 you can have. It ran a little warm with my V-8, but I don't think it leaks much. Might just need a good flushing to run well. However it has been sitting outside for a couple years of neglect so I can't promise that it is in top shape.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've got a lot of spare engines, transmissions (this is the *only* place I don't call 'em trannys), and other parts lying around, a few of them are radiators or smaller heat exchangers, but none of them can handle a V-8. I'm hitting the machine shop that stroked my 350 tomorrow...I'll see if they've thrown any in the corners.

I'm saving the ones I have for the day I decide to figure out how to cool my power steering/hydraulic assist fluid, my transfer case fluid, and maybe the fluid in my Klune. I s'pose y'all will be able to help me figure out how the Hell to do all that? Hope so...

-Mikey-

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its the one off my yellow cj its got a 4.2 in it...the problem with the one I have is the bottom popped of in the wreck so it doesnt hold fluid very good

·
Registered
360 Posts
No luck with the radiator check I did. Sorry. They were closed, so I didn't get to go inside...I only looked in their voluminous junk pile. If I drop by and talk at 'em next week I'll ask.

Eric...I would if I knew what the heck to buy. It seems like it'd be simple to put a coolor on anything, but then I have to put the gozinta and gozoutta lines in such a place as to develop a delta-p so I can get some flow. Don't know enough about the innards to the things to do that.

So much much much to learn. I think my brain is full.

-Mikey-

·
Registered
137 Posts
Day late and a dollar short. Had a good as new 4 core out of my 76 CJ5, cooled a 360 just fine. Sat at Mac's Radiator for most of the year. They sold it for me for $100 about a month ago.
Only reason I went to an aluminum one was to fit some frame mods.

:darn:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts