Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read other threads on other sites about this, but what are your opinions? I want a hydroboost set up on my 72 Bronco (currently manual w/discs up front) and I have a heavy duty Saginaw pump. I also want to integrate a hydro assist steering ram. Will I need a remote resevoir pump? What kind of set up have you all seen work well?

I am a novice on this stuff, doing some research and want any info you have.

Thanks

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
I currently have hydroboost, and adding a hydro steering ram soon, Im just going to upgrade to an agr super pump...saginaw style pump.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am going with a Hydro on my 67, but I don't have to worry about the hydraulic steering like you are doing. I am just adding the hydro out of a 79 Lincoln. I will post pics once it gets done.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have hydroboost stock on my truck, and I don't think I would want to add it to something that didn't have it.

If you would bust a steering line on the trail and can't fix it, it would take out your steering AND brakes!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Goes back to the manual brakes I already have if my steering pump goes out.. Not that big of a deal. hydroboost is the way to go on the EB's, a ton of braking power when compared to the vacumn booster.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Okay I checked this out a little and it seems to make hydroboost work with hydro assist you have to get an AGR pump. I talked to a guy with this setup and he is using an AGR pump that has a flow rating of 3.4 gpm. He also has a big cooler and a remote resevoir for his pump.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips. I will call you eric and get the details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts