Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any places in southern Idaho that sell tube? The only place we have in Burley is pacific steel and they only carry pipe. My bender is ready to weld up and the die is on the way.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Pacific Steel can order DOM, HREW, etc. It takes like a week or so to come in.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will they order small amounts? I will only need a couple of sticks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought. I wouldn't be using enough for myself to get any type of bulk discount. Shane, I am putting together the gottrikes bender. I saw your post over on the pirate. How's the little trooper doing? Great, I hope.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
It's by the stick, 20ft lengths. At least the one in Nampa would just do it like that.

·
Registered
781 Posts
We stock the hrew in four sizes, 1"x.095 @ $1.10 per foot, 1.5"[email protected]$1.75 per foot, 1.75"x.120 @ $2 a foot, and 2"x.120 @ $2.25 per foot. We order our DOM as needed, it runs about $2 more a foot than hrew, we would be more than happy to set you up with what you need:thumb:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great. Do you keep a small inventory on hand, or does it need to be oredered ahead?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Just curious, does HREW comes in .25 wall?

I can only find 1.5" x .25 wall in DOM. The thing is it's about $150 for a 20 ft stick.

It's for some control arms and a set of traction bars. I may just use square tube instead.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That's what I thought. I wouldn't be using enough for myself to get any type of bulk discount. Shane, I am putting together the gottrikes bender. I saw your post over on the pirate. How's the little trooper doing? Great, I hope.

Use 3/4" for the arms, you will bend or crack the 5/8's with a hydro setup.

I can bend 2" .250 DOM in mine, no problem at all :D

And Zach is doing great, thanks for asking!

·
Registered
781 Posts
This is good information to know! Thanks for posting it. Do you also keep a stok of any threaded inserts, bushings, or Johnny Joints?
We do usually have a limited amount of tube adapters, jam nuts, johny joints, and hiems, what we don't have , we can get in about 3 days.

We also keep some tabs, gussets, and link mounts on hand, and have the ability to cut custom brackets.

While we don't stock the thinner wall DOM, we do however keep the heavy wall link material in stock.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Just curious, does HREW comes in .25 wall?

I can only find 1.5" x .25 wall in DOM. The thing is it's about $150 for a 20 ft stick.

It's for some control arms and a set of traction bars. I may just use square tube instead.
Nate, that is about $7.50 per foot, not much more than I pay for the stuff, if you don't need a full 20', I can hook you up with however much you need.

hrew doesn't come any thicker than .120" wall, after that you have to step up to DOM.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did go with the 3/4"x 2 1/2" arms. I have heard of alot of people having problems with the smaller arms. I actually thought about going with 3/4 x 3" but that seemed alittle much. And I din't know if the added width would cause any interference problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts