Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into it because the car wouldnt make it home in the winter on the hill that I used to live on. I first bought an FJ40 and it went from there. 8)

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
183 Posts
i was on a camping trip and we went driving and turned off on some dirt road.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I saw some guys mudding at the local reservoir, so I sold my beater '66 2wd and got a '78 4wd (both were Chevies :roll: ) which I proceeded to get stuck at the same reservoir 9 1/2 hours after buying it. So, of course, I needed better tires. Within 24 hours of buying my first 4x4, I was buying s%!t to go where I couldn't before. doah :thumb:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'VE BEEN PULLING HEVYMETL OUT OF THE RES. EVER SINCE :thumb: :finger:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I grew up in the back of a '66 FJ-40, on the trails in california and colorado (depending on where were living) every weekend in the early '70's and on, so I guess you could say I was born into it :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Started when I was a kid, thought "four wheeling" meant locking it in on forest service roads!! :scared:

Then I started doing high speed desert running with a friend of mine's rig....and that lead to me beating the crap out of my truck, then putting on new suspension, and then more and more..... :thumb:

Ya know, there used to be a time when I was gonna put some new body parts on and paint it real nice, but glossy paint is overrated!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
grew up riding with the old man in a 74 datsun driving back into the most inaccessible camping spots... kinda grew from there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I started driving when I was about 10 with my dad during hunting trips in Colorado. We went hunting about every weekend. We had a 1947 Willys jeep, what a great vehicle to learn how to drive. I have owned a 4x4 all my life, but just lately start building my 85 Toyota. Wheeling sure has changed over the years. I hope to continue doing this for a long time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I started driving when I was about 10 with my dad during hunting trips in Colorado. We went hunting about every weekend. We had a 1947 Willys jeep, what a great vehicle to learn how to drive. I have owned a 4x4 all my life, but just lately start building my 85 Toyota. Wheeling sure has changed over the years. I hope to continue doing this for a long time.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Well I have been riding dirt bikes since I was 11 in the hills not far from where we go wheelin now and when we were 16 (lived in Oregon) my friends all had 4x4 trucks so we would head off into the hills almost every weekend, I also did a lot of offroading trashing the military trucks for 4 years, I built my own after I got out. And the addiction has grown worse than a heroin addict since then :thumb:

·
Registered
374 Posts
the usual, dirt bikes, mud in Missouri(home state) fun to break stuff, (i guess) knees and back don't like dirt bikes as much anymore, and you can 'wheel' at age 85 or so (I Hope...get back to you on that one) 8)

John

·
Registered
190 Posts
it all started on the farm i lived on in elgin oregon my uncle had an old willys jeep that he would let us kids go wheel on his 800 acres of land and it just all started from there :thumb: :beer:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Towpro said:
I'VE BEEN PULLING HEVYMETL OUT OF THE RES. EVER SINCE :thumb: :finger:
Actually... I think you're the only person who hasn't! It figures, you're the only one qualified, other than your dad, and he did pull me out once or twice. whistle

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I was living in Kentucky during a huge snowstorm they had a while back and I knew some guys in a 4x4 club they figured I was from Idaho and knew how to drive in the snow, so I got to drive a full size pickup on 42s for a week taking hospital patients back and forth to Louisville. That pretty much hooked me. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
397 Posts
?

my sister (AJ Shut Up) had a boy friend who drove a Chevy K5 Blazer it had 38's on it and was lifter about 8 inches i was 11 years old, and he took me mud diggen back Behind the old Albertsons in Idaho Falls by the new Jail, i was hooked bought a Chevy K5 when i was 18 and just now making my Dream come true. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: ?

str8six4me said:
my sister had a boy friend . . .
What one on the list of 1200 was he? :rotfl: doah
Or is there a reason you told AJ not to answer to that one :deal:

·
Registered
530 Posts
AJ,I didnt know you had a blazer on 38's back in the day,fawking right awn brutha :beer: :finger:

Str8six..you happen to have your sister number handy..muahhahaahahha J/K :finger:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts