Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wasn't able to make it out to the run in twin yesterday, how did it go? where did you guys end up wheeling, was it any good? anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was good enough for me to break both front and rear Dana 60's on my YJ. Had a great time. :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
The run was fun! Some great rocks and ledges hidden back in there. The cliff-side trails were a bit spooky for those of us used to running the bottom of canyons.

The weather was bad: Caught a serious case of spring fever.

The rock pile that ate Jollyman's two axles was good stuff.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
To elaborate. First I broke the rear driver's side d60 axleshaft. Then, a few seconds later, I broke a front D60 30 spline stub shaft that took the hub and spindle with it on the driver's side front. Thankfully, the rear is a full-floater so pulled the driveshaft, taped it, pulled the hub and bits and pieces of metal that could be pulled out, taped it off, and was able to limp back to the trailer in right-hand 2-wheel drive. Definitely some tough rocks to play on down there. Can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am pretty sure i have wheeled that cliffside trail but maybe it was a different one. where did you guys end up wheeling? i am assuming north of the bridge, but can anyone provide and better details (like when did you turn off of the paved road, left or right side of the road) because of the canyon walls in the pics i would assume right side of the road, but did you leave the pavement to the left or right? just trying to get an idea of where these were taken, i am looking for some new wheeling areas

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
It was a pretty good time. I was able to take some nice pics of the falls from the other side which I thought was cool. 8)

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts