Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all been involved in events and know what it takes to put one on. Should we do our own? Not this year or maybe not even next, but sometime perhaps.

Dont know what kind of event, mud race, trail ride, or Top Truck style but I know this club could pull it off.

I would like to start discussion on this to kick around some ideas.......

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Top truck is my vote. Next year is great. I think we could have some good participation.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where would we have it? A Top Truck would require some course work of different levels.

Here in Pocatello, we could do it at the Fairgrounds as they have a ton of unused space. Not sure about IF though...

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
The top truck that wild west put on was awesome. I don't think that Pocatello would be a bad place to have it. I agree with Matt though whatever we do I think that our club needs to do something to raise some money for ourselves. Also Steve knows a guy somewhere who wants to have a mudbog on his property(not sure about this) If we do it in Pocatello mabey a car show a couple of weeks before at a business who is supporting us to bring interest in things.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mudbogs are easy to do actually. I've been to many real poor ones that raised thousands of dollars. It would not be hard to do a good one.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
good ideas, let's brainstorm here. I like this!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, gave this some thought and here they are....

Doing another Idaho Tough truck would conflict with what the WWOR have been building up and might limit participation from that side of the state. So I had another Idea.

We could set up three or four courses. Each course would have its own slant and people would race the clock. Also racers could be broken up into different groups that would rotate to speed things up. The courses could be like:

Course 1: Technical, logs, rocks, not very fast but on the clock. Tight turns and stuff.

Course 2: Muddy stuff with some turns a smallish pit and some ruts and stuff. Faster

Course 3: Ditches and some logs maybe, faster with a jump perhaps.

Course 4: Something, maybe woops and a jump or something.

The idea is that a toyota could compete with a Big Block and the different types of tracks could use different types of vehicles qualities.

We could call it "Ultimate 4x4 Challenge" or something like that.

I got the idea from here: http://www.4x4.com.ph/motorsports/4x4/ttc2005.shtml

These guys look like they built everything with a backhoe and it looks great.

Maybe course 4 would have something like the person has to pull a tire, roll it around the vehicle, put it back on and go again.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I'm think this is over at WWOR the smaller rigs didnt have a chance on the acceleration test and the tow test. Here they could do better.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
so your saying that what ever course you run the time is up against the time of any other course?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All competitors would run all four courses and the total lowest time would win. What I meant by breaking up into groups would mean all four courses could be running at the same time to speed things up.

Different courses could be tailered to different types of rigs to even the playing feild as much as possible.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Comprende

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
That would be fun to do doesn't look to hard to build I think if we got together with WWOR we could cross promote the events. We would need to do them at least a month apart from each other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts