Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://duramaxracing.com/[email protected]

The LBZ shortblock with SoCal Diesel heads and Kennedy Diesel 40% over nozzles will go in this winter. I'm still running the motor that came in the truck which has over 113000 miles of abuse with original stock headgaskets and original injectors. Other than honed injector nozzles from KD and head studs the motor is still 100% stock with just bolt on upgrades (turbo, pump, injector nozzles, intake, exhaust), no internal mods.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
http://duramaxracing.com/[email protected]

The LBZ shortblock with SoCal Diesel heads and Kennedy Diesel 40% over nozzles will go in this winter. I'm still running the motor that came in the truck which has over 113000 miles of abuse with original stock headgaskets and original injectors. Other than honed injector nozzles from KD and head studs the motor is still 100% stock with just bolt on upgrades (turbo, pump, injector nozzles, intake, exhaust), no internal mods.
So.... if my sleep deprived mind reads that right, you are gonna make the tow ho, run like that?

Cool.

Then get it to do the same on Bio........:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So.... if my sleep deprived mind reads that right, you are gonna make the tow ho, run like that?

Cool.

Then get it to do the same on Bio........:popcorn:
Not any time in the near future. I just thought that a crew cab diesel truck running deep into the 11s on just diesel was pretty impressive.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Somewhere I have a video of a 97 or so Ford Power Stroke crew cab with 35 inch tires at Las Vegas Motor Speedway racing a RX7. 11 seconds @ 114 miles an hour. The RX7 was half track when the Ford crossed the finish. I will see if I can find the video.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Actually that truck is on 38s and has a Cummins motor under the hood from what I remember. :thumb:

·
Registered
539 Posts
And still the wife does not understand why I want a Diesel...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well honestly I don't know if I would buy a diesel with the prices fuel has been the past few years. At least for what I use my truck for, a gasser would be able to do the job.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
The breaking point for me is $.20 a mile, A diesel would have to yeild 17.5 or better on the average for it to make cents to me.

Its not hard for a gasser to hit 15 on the average,unless its abig block,
And I know the 6.2 that I had did 17-19, so it qualified, but had a hard time towing so that was the down side there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts