Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4.2 L in my 90 wrangler and am wondering opinions on which carb to use. I was thinking after market rather than rebuilding the stock carb and wanted some opinions on Holley and Weber carbs. Open to any and all information as carbs are not my strong point and can use a bit of help. This jeep is driven in town but I do take it off road as often as I can. It is the most cold blooded little monster and in the winter needs to idle for 10-15 min at least before it will drive decently. What are my best options as far as cost, street performance, offroad perf. etc. Sorry if I am not real specific but I thought I'd see where this takes me.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
jeepster526 ran the weber on his 90 and it seemed to work alright. I remember alot of adjusting to get it set right.
This spring he did the 4.0 head and fuel conversion, if you can get a good deal on the parts that is the way to go. No more dying on angles runs 100% better and a huge power increase.
I think He still has his Weber if you want one for cheap.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumb: thanks to jeepster. I put it in today and it runs great. Need to tune it up a bit but definetly feel a power increase and am loving it. thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts