Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls I'm trying to find a 7.3l international diesel to put in my 2003 2500 silverado. Now my number one problem is I don't know if the motor will fit the truck :banghead: and I know that it's not gonna work with the chevy 6sp manual thats in the truck can anyone help me. I really want to get this motor in the chevy and I want a 6sp manual trans in the truck but I don't know where to start looking. ANY help is appreciated thanks guys. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
545 Posts
My best advice is to drop the 7.3 idea and give the guys at Banks Power a call. You could build the duramax diesel up to insane levels of HP and torque, using their exhaust, power chip, propane injection. Hell you could probably throw every product they have at it and still be into it for less that half of what the engine swap will run you.

If you are dead set on the International diesel, then I suggest buying an entire wrecked Ford. That way you will have all the little things that can add thousands to your swap, such as the computer, wiring harness, fuel pump, and the million other things you will need.

Good luck and post some pics...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really as to anwser the question I love the motor but i hate the ford body style but I was looking at banks (caught an episode of trucks) and I think banks is going to be the way I'm going just still don't know where to start.hmmm well gotta get to work :thumb:

·
Registered
545 Posts
If your ona budget (and we all are :? ) The guys at Banks say there is nothing wrong with installing their system one piece ata time. At each step you will gain HP and torque, and you can spread the pain out over a long period of time.
I belive they reccommend you start out with their exhaust, then move on to the intake. Then add the power chip followed by a new turbo, then you can always add propane injection for the true power nuts. I am pretty sure I got at least one of the steps in the right order whistle
Good luck, and keep us posted on what you do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try looking for an old Clarke transmission out of a 5 ton. Got a buddy running a Cummins generator motor, clarke tranny all in a late 80's f-250 with a 15 ft flat deck on it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know who to go with Banks, Bully dog,Edge....which one is the best known for performance, price I can figure out on my own. I got the Stinger system which
includes the Banks Ram-Air lifetime filter and service kit OttoMind Diesel Tuner BigHead wastegate actuator Stainless, 4" straight-through Monster muffler Stainless, 4" Monster exhaust with constant-diameter head-pipe assembly, intermediate pipe and tailpipe Polished-stainless, 5" double-wall tailpipe tip with rolled edge Electronic DynaFact pyrometer and boost gauge assembly and even comes with a installation manual and user guide lmao still to put it on though :banghead: and I got the airforce one intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts