Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a good turn out for the highway clean up on Saturday. We got a bunch of trash and headed out wheelin'. We took the hemmingway butte trail and had lunch at the cliff, then we ran into some starter issues..... While some of the guys went for parts, I took Kirk on a quick run up meat grinder.
This is the top of meat grinder on the wall as you exit.
captainkirk1.jpg

captainkirk2.jpg

captainkirk3.jpg

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
dang, glad to see someone to make that rock at the end of meatgrinder. chuck and lehi can give there own opinions on that rock. :rotfl:

now post some more pics!!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kirk took some other pics, but it was a quick run. I made it up on the far left of the rock. Really tippy in some spots and since I was out of hands to hold on to things I just got a firm grip on the seat with my ass and rode it up.
Post up Kirk

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Ryan, thanks a ton for coming out to the cleanup. I had the jeep back to town by 7:00, so it did need a starter. Back in action. I really appreciate the help from everyone, ryan, jon, kirk, you guys rock. I will never be out on the trail without tools again. I always have my tools with me, but figured I would be okay without yesterday. :shame: I cant wait to go back out there and see what all has changed out in the Owyhees. There were new signs everywhere, including very nice BLM identification signs. There was LOTS of new fencing all around the Hemingway Buttes Play Area.

We had a great turnout for the cleanup and did indeed pick up plenty of trash. High Desert has had great turnout for our cleanups each time that I have gone. THANKS A TON to mary and drake for planning and coordinating.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you made it home without further troubles Nate. Let us know when you want to head back out again.
Ryan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had a great time. As expected everyone was way cool. Glad to be able to show/teach my boys about being responsible people and not littering and it is a good thing to do trail/hwy cleanups. Nate, bummer about the starter issues, but also not a big deal, I have been out till after midnight to make sure all were off the trail. Thanks Ryan for taking me on a trail while Nate was on a parts run.
Here are my pics.
Boy these vests are huge and the sun is bright!

Man Daddy my eyes still hurt the sun is so bright, and you want me to SMILE!?!?!???

The cliff wherever it was we had lunch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts