Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ya'll I just bought I YJ my first jeep its a 92 on 33" thornbirds, 4" pro comp lift, all the goodies I'd ever want. and or need for that matter. I live up here at Eielson AFB ALASKA........ so anyone up here wanna get together let me know. and if anyone has any hints on things to do to my baby let me know I'll post pics this weekend :banghead:

·
Registered
545 Posts
The short list of what you will think you need after a couple stucks.

Understanding Spouse :mrgreen:
Winch
Fire Extinguisher
Lockers
Onboard welder
Onboard air

My only advice is to acttually buy a winch and then wheel the pee out of the thing the way it is now. BTW welcome to the pain and joy that is owning a jeep.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah but after lockers you need:

heavier axles,
then heavier driveshafts,
then more protection (ie bumpers, skip plates etc)
then a full role cage,
then more lift,
then bigger tires,
then a new t-case,
then new gears,
then heavier axles,
then,
oh wait...
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
After all that you will need yet bigger tires hence bigger axles which require differnt lockers and then you have to start cutting all of that nasty body out of the way put the thing on a diet from all the protections stuff and on and on and on and on HAVE FUN :rotfl: :rotfl: :beer:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
if you're even thinking of a locker I would get a stronger rear axle first. I wouldn't lock that Dana 35. I saw a guy bust his locked 35 last month and he was only running 31's. But if you plan on leaving it open for awhile the 35 should be fine if your carefull, or very lucky.
I run the open 35 w/ 35" MTR's and have been very lucky so far. Of corse I wheel like a grandma on sunday morning :rotfl: :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres the list:

understanding hubby (he has a K-5 blazer so he better)
nerf bars
warn rock sliders
6" fender flares
4" pro comp lift
15x10 rock crawlers streetlockers
33x12.5 thornbirds
rhino lined interior
4.11 gears
front & rear super 35 axles
rear locker no spin detroit
dana 30/35 O/H kit
ARB airlocker (rd100) w/compressor front axle

:roll:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
With the super kits in your axles you will be fine with 33's. I know a guy with that setup in a xj running 35's. He is hard on it and has had zero problems. Glad to have you on the board. Have an pics yet? Post up the hubbies blazer as well. :beer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no pics yet later on this week though trying to talk people into letting me park the front end on a junker at the end of our road. (not working thus far) so gonna go mind some neat stuff to take pics with. hubby's K-5 is a work in progress right now his clutch is on the fritz so tearing that apart this week YEAH!!!!!!!!!! fun lol. keep picking on him cause mines prettier and his isnt running HAHAHAAHAAA. he thought he was hot stuff. now all his buds want to see my ride. I'll have to buy the decal that says

"THIS ISNT MY HUSBANDS JEEP"

HEE HEE HEE

·
Registered
530 Posts
FIRST thing I would do is ditch the "shitturds" :thumb:
Congrats on the heep,pics? :beer:

·
Registered
545 Posts
canchaser said:
heres the list:

understanding hubby (he has a K-5 blazer so he better)
nerf bars
warn rock sliders
6" fender flares
4" pro comp lift
15x10 rock crawlers streetlockers
33x12.5 thornbirds
rhino lined interior
4.11 gears
front & rear super 35 axles
rear locker no spin detroit
dana 30/35 O/H kit
ARB airlocker (rd100) w/compressor front axle

:roll:

Sounds like a cool setup, in fact it would no doubt spank the tar out of my old CJ off-road. (Well maybe not, I do have a v-8 and the stupid pedal works just fine :mrgreen: ) Pick up some recovery gear and go wheeling, make sure to take lots of pics to show your hubby what your were doin while he was slaving away on his chebbie :firedevi:

·
Registered
385 Posts
canchaser said:
I'll have to buy the decal that says

"THIS ISNT MY HUSBANDS JEEP"

HEE HEE HEE
SWEET!! Glad to hear it. You can go to www.allthingsjeep.com they have those exact stickers. I know cuz I bought one too! whistle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice to see another chick on here LOL. found the place where I'm gonna do pics. its an old gravel pit with lots of things to craw over HEEHEEHEE I cant wait. I went to allthings jeep and gonna be ordering that sticker and the one that says "silly boys jeeps are for girls" hahahaha. gotta love that one I also went to www.poisonspyder.com and gonna get the "She Rocks " gear its pro-chick and the stickers are too cool. gotta upset the neighborhood guys by putting some sort of FEMALE stuff on it. One of my hubby's co-workers actually said he wanted to see the jeep before it got "all tainted" whatever mine will kick his's butt anyways and look good doing it. also looking at buying the stinger back bumper cause those dang 33's are too heavy to mount normal so if anyone has one let me know how ya like it.

laters

·
Registered
385 Posts
Since you have a Jeep. You might like one of the shirts on allthingsjeep. It says "Jeep girls like it topless & dirty!" I love it. I've worn it so much its almost worn out. LOL :eek:) I will def have to check out poison spiders site. There is another chick rock crawler on here too. Her ID is allusee. She is too funny! Shes heading out in Nov. to CA to do a rock crawling comp for Breast Cancer. Anyway...she is also working on putting together a womens rock crawling event here in Idaho too. I hope she gets that up & going soon! Good luck w/your Jeep. And as they say "Jeep Just Empty Every Pocket!" Boy is that true! :rotfl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is too cool. too bad I'm not closer to ya'll or I'd join u. we have a club up here of 4x4'ers but you need to be "stalked in" so I'll just have to wait and go play by myself till then. Yeah I saw that shirt and the one that said "a girl and her jeep its a beautiful thing..... I want that one too. Its raining and cold here today. so I wont be out playing but keep me updated on getting the rock crawling event up and running.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome! Your jeep sounds sweet.
Do you know Brook Green up there? I have kind of gotten aquainted with him over the net. I think he lives is Kenai. That may be way far from you.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lavacrawler said:
if you're even thinking of a locker I would get a stronger rear axle first. I wouldn't lock that Dana 35. I saw a guy bust his locked 35 last month and he was only running 31's. But if you plan on leaving it open for awhile the 35 should be fine if your carefull, or very lucky.
I run the open 35 w/ 35" MTR's and have been very lucky so far. Of corse I wheel like a grandma on sunday morning :rotfl: :thumb:
Riiiiigggghht. You have a blessed D35. That pos should have died @ 4 times at the clean up. Of course mine shoulda died too, but.... Definately plan on getting rid of the D35 and upgrading to at least a 8.8. Disc brakes rule! Your D30 in the front should be OK up to 35in tires with a LSD.
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

·
Registered
883 Posts
A HEEP HUH.... That will be modified within the next year and a half.. I put $$ on it..

AS MY HUBBY WOULD SAY.. LETS HEAR A WOO WOO, FOR ANOTHER WOMAN, GETTING INTO THE LIFESTYLE...

Better start saving your dough though... Gonna need it for the HEEP... and modifications.. Let us know if you need anything http://www.hbrk4x4.com

P.S. I use to live in Alaska, I loved it there...

CONGRATS... :beer:

Should a Bought a ZUKI... :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TY TY all :beer: going to a flex off on the 1st and there will be plenty of pictures to poat so keep checkin out the thread

1 - 20 of 20 Posts