Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I forgot I had a radiator leak in my blazer and decided to take it into town today. At highway speeds nothing unusual and then I hit the construction, down to 45 temp gauge pegs itself in a matter of a half a mile in which I cannot get off the road :darn: No big deal stop call the wife for some antifreeze and water, hope that no damage was done to the motor.

Waiting for my wife and a police officer pulled up behind me and proceded to tell me everything that was illegal with my blazer. He said that the biggest things they are concentrating on are the frame height and fender flares. He advised me to get at least those two things fixed. No tickets and was actually a pretty nice guy.

So the morel of this story is an officer of the peace has made up my mind about lowering my blazer 3-5" in the back, which means to get the stance I want the front will have to go down about 5-7"

So I am hoping to find some stock Dodge springs for the front. I will trade the lifted ones I have to you. They need to be from a 94 body style half ton (rear) and if any one has some spring that are 2" wide laying around they want to get rid of, I am your man

Hopefully I can plan all this stuff out so it will go quickly (right like that ever works)

That is all

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey,

What was the height that frame height is suppose to be under?

I need to get fender flares also, just hate catching them and tearing them off.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I was only aware of the light heights and the flares and flaps. There is also a bumper height law that is new from what I understand.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its basically the bumper height law but if your bumper is higher than the frame rails then they measure from the frame (that is what the officer told me I could not find a law that says that). here is the link to the website http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=490090066.K

basically the bumper has to be 4.5 " in vertical heigth and attach in the same place and the same way as the oem it can be 30" in the front and 31" in the back its measured from the highest part of the bottom of the bumper.

I just went and measured an 86 one ton 4 wheel drive chevy and its bumper is at 23" which means with the stock bumper you can lift it a max of 7". The stock tires are about 30" tall which means, if I wanted to the biggest I could go is about 4" of lift and a 37" tire.

I will never be at the legal heigth but I can get somewhat close. My rear bumper at least will be the required 4.5" in width (BTW I asked about 2 peices of 2" tube space a half inch apart and he said that would not be legal it has to be a solid peice) so mabey I can attract less attention

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
let's face it, its a cool rig and it will get attention!

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I think you need to sack up and buy a trailer and a tow rig and leave the blaze' where it is at! Or just drop it and tube it then you would never get pulled over. Just ask Steve!! He's been driving the truggy since he finished and has been followed buy lots o' cops. He hasn't been pulled over yet. Heck a couple of weeks ago when we went and did blacks I drove the buggy over to gas n' grub and passed a cop on the way back out to blacks and he didn't even look at me! I had my helmet on too!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
What is the length on those, I seen some sitting at a wrecking yard, I think that they a newer than you need. I know that seen a picture of some dodge springs that had two spring bolts in the middle and that is what these have.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you need to sack up and buy a trailer and a tow rig and leave the blaze' where it is at!

Thats what I think too but my bank account says different. Although I do have a pickup now but I think a tired smoking small block might not last too long towing my pig around.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is the length on those, I seen some sitting at a wrecking yard, I think that they a newer than you need. I know that seen a picture of some dodge springs that had two spring bolts in the middle and that is what these have.

Mine don't have two spring bolts all I know is that my springs are superlift 5.5" springs that came from the rear of a 94 Dodge, they are about 61" long under the truck.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'd have to go find and measure 'em, Blaze, but the stock springs that came out of my '95 K1500 were about 2" wide, right? I dunno why you'd want something like this, but if these would help you, they're yours. Just let me know.

BTW...the only harassment I've ever got out of cops here was tire width being past the flare width. It was an ISPy out on Hwy 20 coming back from an air show in Arco. He was looking for drunk drivers and, amazingly (since my wife was with me all day) I could honestly claim I hadn't had a single malted beverage. Nyah nyah.

IM/PM me and I'll have my people get with your people. Assuming I have people...I need to go look.

-Mikey-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts