Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone local to Nampa, Caldwell, Boise be willing to help me install an Rancho? 4" lift. I bought an 81 Bronco for cheap to get parts off of and it has a lift that I need to pull and also have already pulled the dual exhaust. The lift has extended radius arms and the spring pack in the back instead of the lift blocks. I'm not sure it's a Rancho kit but as I understand it, Rancho and Superlift are the one's who make the red colored kits and the arms and pivot brackets are red. I will just need help / guidance in getting it installed right and fairly quickly. A weekend is all it can be down. I'll need to go to work on Monday morning. I don't have any time frame right now, just throwing it out there to see if anyone might be interested. I don't have the money to pay you but I can buy the beer and pizza or sandwiches or whatever you want to eat. Anyway, pardon the ramble.
Thanks
Tom

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
between family and work i cant make it that far. sorry dood! i am sure some one will annie up. especially with BEvERages and food. there are some good people and info here. welcome to the site!!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I live in Nampa, I have shit tools, and have never done this kinda thing, but I bet between the two of us, we could figger it out.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Get a torch. When I put the lift on my '89 I also had the extended radius arms. The bolts top and bottom where a major pain. They would only turn when heated red hot. As soon as they started to cool, they would seize back up. Just food for thought.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Re-Read the post, might not be the guy for the job, but the offer is still on.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
If you have to remove any rivets, air chisel or torch highly recommended
(on the center drop brackets and radius arm brackets)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've almost got the lift out. I'll have to get everything sorted out and make sure I have all the pieces and parts. I'm just going to swap out the rear leafs from the donor instead of pulling mine apart. I'm toying with the idea of finding a shop to do the install. Would Buck's on State St. be a viable option? This will be awhile though since I'll have to get the money for new shocks and see what an install is going to cost. Any idea's there?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've almost got the lift out. I'll have to get everything sorted out and make sure I have all the pieces and parts. I'm just going to swap out the rear leafs from the donor instead of pulling mine apart. I'm toying with the idea of finding a shop to do the install. Would Buck's on State St. be a viable option? This will be awhile though since I'll have to get the money for new shocks and see what an install is going to cost. Any idea's there?
Yes and there is Foothill Motors also. He is a registered Planet vendor. Bucks is very good also though if you know Toni and all the boys that helps.
They put in my Trailmaster 8 years ago and I have yet to have any problems except the rear leafs sagging after a couple years. With add a leafs this always happens at some point. I have since totally revamped my original lift which is usually the case with most off-road guys.
What kind of rig are you putting this on ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's going on an 86 Bronco. Hopefully I get EVERYTHING off the donor rig. Then I'll sort it all out and see where I'm at from there. Is Foothill is the book? Anyone in particular to talk to? Do any of the guys do side work?

Nevermind. Searched and found his link and website. I'll give him a call and see what's what.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Ive done all my ford lifts here at my house.....chevycrew has done a bunch as well....were always up for making some extra money...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have torches and a welder and a few other things..but nothing can be parked in front of my house that doesnt run or drive.. dvet77 needs some parts pm him and if there is something he needs that you have we all can work something out so that maybe he will give me my soul back.....LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called Ken at Foothill. Helluva nice guy but I can't afford the price for him to install. Over $500.00 which is probably a deal I just can't afford that. I'll message dvet77 and see what,if anything he needs.
Custom and rodzilla, let me know if you guys are up for an install at some point in the future. It can be done at my place. I'll just have to beg the gf for the garage space. As far as payment goes, I don't know what I could afford really. Food and adult beverages if you're up for that. Cash is always nice but not always available.
I guess I could save up, but I've been saying that for years now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
It's too bad that your far away, cause I'd be able to help you out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts