Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on tackling a clutch, rear main seal, and the power steering swap next week in Eric's shop. This is way beyond me but I have been assured that all will be well with the Bronco. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. It will be a few evenings next week. Jarrod, Shane your expertise will be appreciated.

Any feedback on type of clutch. Is the Centerforce II worth the extra 80 bucks?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
423 Posts
Scott, I don't think the center force is worth it, but thats just my .02. I got my clutch from clutch world off of holmes, and I've been really happy with it. In regards to helping you with the tranny, call me and let me know when.

Jarrod

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm in. Not sure what nights exactly I can make it but I'll try. I'm putting mine back together tomorrow night.
I talked to Don about a clutch and he said he usually can get em here in a couple days and he could get em for a really good deal. So if you don't have one yet give him a call.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The centerforce II in my pickup has been great, been there for at least 6 years with no trouble, had a hard life too (3.08s and 35's for a while and about a dozen mud races) of course now that I say this its going to burn up. 8)

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I actually had the Centerforce Dual friction in 3 different zuks I had ( same clutch) over about 6 years :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
To all those who want to come and help we will be starting on Scotts bronco tonight not sure what time but probably after about 6 we need to drop the tranny tonight so we can get a look at what is leaking and so he can take the flywheel to get resurfaced on tuesday. We are also putting his power steering on :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

We got it torn down. Will need some help Thursday night. Replace rear main, replace clutch and work on the power steering swap. I could use some help so please come.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
!

i will be there! :deal: :thumb:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
We wont be working on it until Thursday so if you want to come over come on over and yes we will be working on it pretty late on Thursday night so if you can't come over till later thats cool :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts