Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '98 f-150. i want to lift it but being in college, money is tight so i figured i would just put in a 3" body lift. i play in the mud a little but its mostly city driving so i was thinking about putting 33/11.5/16 thornbirds on it. for my lift, does anyone know if i will have to worry about extending brake lines or anything like that? i've read that most of the lifts come with steering secondary shaft extensions but i need to know anything else that the company doesnt tell me. does anyone know if i will have any trouble running these tires on my truck?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Thornturds suck ass.

I'd run some M/Ts. BFG, Toyo, Dunlop, etc.

Should be able to fit a 33 under it stock I would think.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a stock 85 fullsize bronco, and I have 33's on it. For the brake lines, there should be no problem, cause your not doing anything to the suspension. I just put a 6" suspension lift on a 99 4runner and had no problems with the brake lines, had to remove some brackets to pull the lines down though.:thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
with a 3 in body lift you can fit 33s and not extend brake lines. both f 150s 85&93 that ive lifted needed extended brake lines with a 6 in lift. or you can just trim your fenders and you can fit 33s with no lift

·
Registered
7 Posts
If most of your driving is in-city, then I definately wouldn't go with Thornbirds... They'll beat you to death... They gave me, without a doubt, the worst pavement ride I've ever had... I agree a M/T or even an aggressive A/T if you don't get to go off-road a lot... I had good expirences with BFG, Hankook, and Toyo...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts