Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to get everyone up to date on Zach's care.

Zach's Immunotherapy treatment (3f8) is going on in NY right now. His body isnt accepting this treatment yet. So we were given a new time line and frequency of his treatments in NY.

He will be seen at least one week a month for the next 3-5 years in NY. That is best case, as he has been in NY for 2 1/2 months now and will still be there for 2-3 weeks more. After that, he will be seen 4-6 times a year for probably another 5 years.

As you can all imagine, this tears the family apart, and the travel expenses will send you to bankruptcy. So I have been job hunting, and it looks like we will be moving to Northern VA. We will be close to DC for work, and a 1hour plane trip or a 3 hour train ride.

This wasnt our first location to move, but the DC area makes it so I will never have to travel for work again, tremendous career opportunities and its close to NY with out actually being in NY.

We are not ruling out other areas such as TN, NC, SC, PA or WV, but there isnt enough job opportunities in those locations to make it worth moving to.

I would guess that I will probably start a new job in the DC area in the month of October and hopefully moving into a new house in that month or in November.

We will still be in touch on planet, and with people from the area here. Next month the Hillbilly Rock Krew is going to have an election for new officer positions as I am stepping down as President of the club.

The club is going strong, and as you will all see, the Krew is getting to where they have a large presence of very involved wheelers in the area. I wish them all the best, and with any luck, ill be starting up the East Coast chapter in years to come :D

I will still be around for a few weeks with any luck, so hopefully ill get to see some of you before I take off.

:beer:

shane

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I hope this works out for all of you. We are continually praying for all of you and continue to wear our cool wristbands. Keep us posted man, and best to all of you!

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
X2 my kids still ask about him sometimes......we wish you the best...

good luck!!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
You guys will be greatly missed!! 90% of my family is all back on the east coast so you can be sure we'll see you again!!! Tell Amber I'll have to meet up with her in NYC to buy her a late birthday drink!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Shane,

Good luck on the move. Hopefully being closer will help alot. I am from eastern PA originally and there is lots of good wheeling there.

Keep us updated.

Lehi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts