Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, High Desert Off-Road ran Lost Trail & 2-Headed Dragon. There were 8 rig s that showed including 4 visitors with stock trucks. All 8 rigs ran up Lost Trail choosing their own lines of difficulty. Some lines proved too much and a couple folks took home quality souveniers doah

I was really looking forward to this trail because I was determined on straddling the V crack all the way up...... AND I DID (both directions, I might add!)

We ate lunch after the last wall and 4 rigs called it a day. The remaining folks turned around and went back down Lost Trail to the 2-Headed Dragon turn-off. Myself, TJJeremy, and Darrel made it clear through with no straps, jacks, or winches. It is indeed a tough trail and I was very impressed with each rig. Afterwards, we baja'd outta there and headed home.

Once getting home and taking inventory, I found the following carnage:

Heater core messed up and badly leaking inside cab and outside firewall???
Brake master cylinder leaking all over???
Transmission fluid pouring out of drivetrain somewhere... cracked cases, adapter, or bad seal???
Bent tie-rod
Broken weld on hydro ram mount to axle tube
Standard rock slider destruction!
Oh, and a black eye / bleeding gash compliments of my rear driveshaft doah

I seriously doubt I'll have time to get these items fixed before next Saturdays rockcrawling comp...... Hafta count me out :banghead:

I didn't take any photos until 2-Headed Dragon because there was so many other camera's already in action. Hopefully, those pics will get posted shortly.

You can see some pics of myself and Darrel HERE..... It was a blast :thumb:

http://highdesertoff-road.com/gallery/sept-24-05-lost-trail

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Who is that guy in the first rig??? :finger: Can't be Dave haven't seen him in months whistle

Glad to see you back out Dave

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
almost didn't make it, friggin last minute repairs almost whooped my butt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts