Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1972 Chevy K20 also known as the jolly green giant and i bought the truck about a year ago and had to replace the steering box and power steering pump when i first got it. the idiot that sold it to me messed it up bad and it had one bolt holding the steering box to the frame. anyways back to the current problem, about two months ago i tried to turn down a street and heard a loud pop and the steering wheel all of a sudden got alot of slack in it and would not turn at all... it blew the head off of two of the bolts holding the steering box on to my frame now i have tried many times replacing the bolts (about 7 times now) and everytime it just breaks the bolts i have never had a problem with this before until lately i have even tried to replace the bolts with case hardened grade-a bolts and still have no success

o ya i forgot just to give you a backgroung i run 38x15.5x16.5 super swamper tsl radials on 16.5weld rims with a ten inch lift

any help here guys would be greatly appreciatied thanks all this is getting a lil frustratin for me :banghead:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there is no flex in the frame but for some odd reason there is alot of flex in the pitman arm and tie rod it is seeming to lift when you go into a turn i have no idea what could be wrong with it

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
that's why I wanted to see some pics of your steering setup, to see if there were any anomalies there that maybe we could spot.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
What grade of bolts do you have??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts