Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am finally mounting it. but i have a question....

is there an inline fuze inside the solinoid box or will i need to put a fuze/circuit breaker inline with the power cable between it and the battery.

stupid directions are like a poleroid of it laying on the floor!

thanks!!

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Uhhhhh, protection????:shocked:

Nah, running a Circuit breaker big enough to handle the load is expensive because it takes quality contacts and such. Plus, they are a little harder to come by since your winch could pull 400+ amps when stalled out. It is kinda of like your starter, just wire it straight to the battery. Just make sure that all your wiring is kept away or protected from chafing/sharp points. And DON'T use regular heater hose or the likes to do it. Normal hose has graphite in it which conducts electricity, and in a freak case that the cable inside shorts to the hose, it will heat up the hose and catch fire. You may think it is not possible, but it is. The folks up at Idaho Wrecker Sales can tell you that, they had a truck they sold burn to the ground because the customer installed his own jumper cable set up and used heater hose to keep it protected! :darn: :darn:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will highjack my own thread kuz i dont care...but WTF with the sticky lizard!!!!!!!!!

and thanks for the info.....an old room-mate left me a 125 amp car audio breaker and would like to use it.....but not if i need to reset it every 2 feet of cable

thanx!!!!!!

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
you missed a good time trevor.

And chris, after it burned didn't your sticky lizard shrivel up and fall apart?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That 125 amp circuit breaker is not big enough. Like Chris was saying, the winch can pull 400-500 amps at full pull.

Yeah if something would cause the wire to ground out, it would probably burn your rig down... same deal if your starter wire would ground out.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well...i am told that one nut is still enough to get the job done and if your lizard burns then get some cream or penacilin and take care of it. i am truly sorry to hear of your issues, have a nice day!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts