Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I think it has been awhile since I wrote. I've been very busy here. We had a major inspection just 2 weeks after I arrived. Of course they were waiting for me to arrive to fix all the egress programs. Now things have settled down. I get DSL installed in my room on the 8th. Then I will be online more often. I thought I would attach some pics of my luxurious accommodations. Actually, it isn't bad. I've only been here a month, so I have a ways to go. I am on track to come home for leave the month of June. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again. I guess that's it. Happy holidays and be safe.

The first 3 pics are from a couple of weeks ago. The last is from today. It shows the mink blanket I bought today for $35.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Glad to hear from you Ron.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have a blanket just like that one I bought in 03. I only paid $18 for it though. I guess the price went up quite a bit.

Do you have a roomate???

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Barracks life has sure changed since I left there in '78. I still have and use a mink blanket I brought back from there; getting a little ragged but pretty good for a 28 year old blanket.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hey Ron, good to hear from ya'. I need to send you a couple a pics of the Ranger I just picked up. Happy New Year!

:drive:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I don't have a roommate. Only the airman do. I don't remember what I paid last time I was here, but $35 is still cheap.

A Ranger? Love to see it.

When spring comes around I'll take some pics of downtown for you guys. Right now it's too cold. Last night it was 5 degrees with a wind chill of -2. I'm working nights, 9pm to 6am. It took me a while to get adjusted. Once I get my DSL it will be a lot nicer since I'll be able to come online when I want from the comfort of my room. Talk to you later.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's funny... I was gonna say that I also have that same bed spread.
Is it an AAFES special or something?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's funny... I was gonna say that I also have that same bed spread.
Is it an AAFES special or something?
I don't know. Normally I go downtown to shop, but it's been so cold and I wanted a blanket so I bought from the little Korean blanket store in the mini-mall. They probably send them out to other BXs as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Those rooms look a lot better than the condemned dorm I stayed in back in the day. Nothing like contending with rats, holes in the floor, and community showers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts