Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just taking a poll to see if there is any interest from the 4x4 community in hand operated clutches.
I would appreciate any feedfback.
Thanks,
Jim Gray

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The device comes with a new shift knob with a billet aluminum lever thats
operated with one or two fingers. That's connected to a servomotor that
operates the clutch. None of this affects normal operation of the clutch pedal.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Yeah, i have hand operated clutches too!! you pull the lever from park to drive with your hand, and holy shit you go!!!!

Sticks are for posers and :gay: !!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyways, I hate the smell of burning clutch material.... :roll: :roll:

That oughta get some guys riled up! It does sound like a neat addon, I would like to see the product in action though........

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sandman said:
Got a pic? Is this something that you have developed?
They have been in Europe for over ten years, I have recently been importing them from Italy for the handicapped. That's what I do, I equip sports cars only for the handicapped. Alex Zanardi, past Indy car champ/Formula 1 driver lost both legs in a racing accident and is now using this equipment in his race car.I'm also working with Lance Magin ( factory Ford desert truck)to equip his racing truck.They are also used in rally cars in England, there is a rally club just for the handicapped.

The system is run from a potentiometer built into the shift know ( nice billet lever ) and runs an
electric servomotor which operates the clutch pedal via s.s. cable. You you can program the system to be linear or non linear.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts