Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody has knows any pros or cons about running stock H2 wheels. From what I've gathered they are 17x8.5 with 5.5 backspacing. There are quite a few sets going for less than $200 plus $80 shipping on Ebay. Seems like a good deal for an aluminum 17" wheel but 5.5" might be too much for a D60/14bolt combo without spacers and I vaguely remember reading somewhere the inner circle needs machined to fit over a full floater axle. Also thinking 8.5" is too narrow for a 42/14 irok. What do you think?

Also wondering about the Staun internal beadlock that is in March (just came out this month) Peterson's 4 wheel and off road. It uses an internal inner tube and liner that puts pressure on the inside of the bead so it can't peel off. Found a good tech article after searching, but not much info for pricing and availbility. One site said $198 but didn't say if that was each or a set. If thats for a set (its just a tube and some fabric) then it would be a cheap way to get double beadlocked aluminum 17" H2 wheels (lighter weight???). Or I could get some 17" steel wheels and do conventional weld on beadlocks (still not a ton of $$$ but more weight???). Shooooot, could just throw down on some bling Trail Readys! (pimp but def more $$$) Any opinions?

link for tech on pneumatic internal beadlock http://www.eco4wd.com/newsletters/Bonus2005Web.pdf scroll down to pg8

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i saw the article on the internal beadlocks as well. very sleeper, but doubt the functionality.
The weld on kits are okay, but the longfield ones are the best:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=5a93ec77c6ec2b84b1735200bf85d524&threadid=180403

Just a steel wheel with the weld on kit is the way to go. The H2 wheels are a cheap way to get some BFG's on your rig, but they do not have the beadlocks, so why??

ps. I guess cheap and bfg's should not be in the same sentence as each other

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the idea was to use the pneumatic beadlock WITH the H2 rims. The tube dealy turns normal rims into a double beadlock. But if the pneumatic beadlocks are over 200 bucks each then they're a rip cause its just an inner tube and some fancy shmancy fabric. What got me thinkin is if the tube dealys were cheap (200 a set - yea right!) then 17" aluminum double beadlocks could be had for maaayybeee - in a perfect world - as little as 500 bucks a set. Man I wish this was a perfect world. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts