Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
was out looking for these but switched over to the others halfway through the day :deal:

It was a good day, screw wheeling till next winter :popcorn:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yup I saw a few on base today. I tore apart the 12 guage the other night and cleaned it all up...

It's a shame I can't fire it here at home cause there's a shit load of squirels... that like to eat wiring and hoses too :shocked:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah I saw a few at Walmart in the $100 range. I was thinking of a pistol though, so I could sneak it into work and shoot some bunnies. They are eaten though the main hyrdaulic lines on 2 fork lifts so far. Plus wiring on trucks, et.c

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Looks like it's go time with the gophers. I guess spring does come earlier on your side of the state. I wonder what my 7MM would do to one. Might just leave a red mist.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
gophers na whistle pigs yea

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a wistle pig, got 3 of em yesterday, there not out in full force yet but its a start :deal:

·
Registered
374 Posts
did some load testing on the 22-250 over the weakend.

I got an accurate load using H380, 40grn Blitzkings, and just over 4000 feet per second!

Just need to set zero and then the devistation can begin....

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
need a new shooting buddy?

I went out this afternoon after it quit raining and bucked down another 5 whistlepigs and got 3 jack rabbits. The whistle piggin is SLOW but its better than sitting at home on the couch :thumb:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
no nate it is illegal in Idaho to shoot red pine squirels(the ones around your house). I thought it was crazy when I first moved here too. In pennsylvania it was the best small game hunting and they taste great.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Do you know about trapping them? Figured the dog would eat them if I can catch them. :thumb:

·
Registered
120 Posts
did some load testing on the 22-250 over the weakend.

I got an accurate load using H380, 40grn Blitzkings, and just over 4000 feet per second!

Just need to set zero and then the devistation can begin....

you got a chrony ? i got some loads made up for my for my 243 that i wanna see how fast they are going.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hmmmmmm,"Guess whats out in the desert allready"
I'll bite
If It was April,I'd say my ass,
but guessing it is that time of yr already

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Those look like easy targets!!!

DAmn some even in your driveway! No need to go to the range to hunt! I like it! :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts