Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have flirted with the idea of ditching the utility bed for a traditional bed, if nothing else ditch the liftgate. But now I no longer care. I have used it three times for work projects, and it really comes in handy. My future plans absolutely include the following:

Paint. this thing has krylon everywhere and the rust is starting to come through.
Rear diff gears. I think they are pretty shot.
Engine work. Dont know how extensive yet, but it does not have as much punch as I would like it to.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will that work with the FI?

Nah I just want some headers and a good intake to let that thing breathe. Banks makes a killer kit that just brings it to life, but if I was to disassemble the motor I would just have to go through it completely. Thats just my style.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If you feel like pissing a ton of cash away for nothing then go ahead and grab that Banks kit.you can get a ton more for your green backs thru BullyDog,ATC,etc.head on over to turbo diesel registery and browse thier boards and you'll find more diesel info then you can shake a stick at.
Or if your not trying to go through the motor, get an "Edge" controler flip of a wrist for 50-150 hrs an up to 300 Torq.but you'll need some guages as well to watch your pyro,exhaust temps etc.or a new waste gate,exhaust etc.theres a ton of power in your stock motor just need to free it up!!.hit the diesel perfomance boards brutha before you start dropping some coinage :thumb:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RockPunk said:
If you feel like pissing a ton of cash away for nothing then go ahead and grab that Banks kit.you can get a ton more for your green backs thru BullyDog,ATC,etc.head on over to turbo diesel registery and browse thier boards and you'll find more diesel info then you can shake a stick at.
Or if your not trying to go through the motor, get an "Edge" controler flip of a wrist for 50-150 hrs an up to 300 Torq.but you'll need some guages as well to watch your pyro,exhaust temps etc.or a new waste gate,exhaust etc.theres a ton of power in your stock motor just need to free it up!!.hit the diesel perfomance boards brutha before you start dropping some coinage :thumb:
Simma down ewik.

Its a 460, I agree with your info for a diesel, but it aint a diesel. The banks kit is awesome for the 460.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
gripguru said:
will that work with the FI?
no but this will

umm if you decide to swap in a rebuilt motor let me know cuz I know a pretty decent company that I think we can get a smokin deal on 3 460's :deal:

·
Registered
530 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
for some flipping reason i thought you had a diesel tow rig..never mind...carrrrrry awn :finger:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
methinks he been weldin without a hood on a wee bit too much... :finger: :finger: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
530 Posts
77fixer said:
Musta missed that thing in the engine pic with all the PLUG wires :oops:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,I'm on dial up,pics take 10 minutes to download so i never let the pigs download before i replied :finger:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
ugh

RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a likelystory!!!!!!!!!! :finger: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
gripguru said:
92 F350 C&C

RCD60
FI460
DRW Sterling 10.5
CrewCab
Utility bed with Liftgate
I guess text takes forever to load too huh?

I see FI460 up there. :finger:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The F.I.P.K. kit from K&N is a really good jump in power and mileage. I just installed one on my partners 94 F250 with the 460 5 speed. He does a lot of towing with it. Seems to have made him happy even at low speed in the heat with the a/c on.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Owyhee Rock Man said:
Get a JET performance upgrade for the computor.. Throw out the timing chain and install a roller set from Cloyes with the + or - gear. Install it +4. Doug Thorley headers and a trip to Ammermann's Custom Exhaust. K&N air system. Then hang on! The +4 on the cam centerline really ups the torque, the rest of it lets her windup and ups the H.P. and it will still have good everyday drivability.
Getting closer to working on this motor. Thanks for the input Ken, I will definitely check into this.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ummmmmmm I just noticed something else, that looks like a single wheel front end rather than a dually front, doesnt have the dished wheels? Am I high? :smokin:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
muddinmike said:
ummmmmmm I just noticed something else, that looks like a single wheel front end rather than a dually front, doesnt have the dished wheels? Am I high? :smokin:
Yep. Single fronts - It is a cab and chassis.....C&C that just has the spacers for the rear end duals. I will take that long block if this takes a major dump on me, but it seems to be doing well since I attached a plug wire that was disconnected for months :darn:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts