Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! I arrived at Osan AB yesterday and I already have a cold. How's that for justice? I got settled into my dorm room and my household goods I shipped will be delivered tomorrow. I haven't gotten cable/phone/internet set up yet, but I found out that the club has wireless, so that is where I am right now. I emailed Sandy to let her know how I was doing and then I came on here to see what's up.

So, I just wanted to say HI and I hope you guys have a good time on the 10th. I can't believe it was snowing when I left Monday. There must be some good snow up in the mountains.

Hey Trevor...I think you said you were coming to Osan. This place is like Disneyland now, there is so much here. If you are going to Kunsan...I'm sorry :rotfl:

Okay, I'm going now. Talk to you all later.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Korean Crud sucks huh? I got it the first couple of weeks that I was there.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i will be at kunsan. as long as the beer is cold i am happy. glad you made it in one piece. see you in march!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hey Ron, good to hear you made it okay. It was good to see you out on the run the other day. I hope you made it back in time for the parade. If you need some help with the headgasket when you get back let me know and I'll lend a hand. And yeah, the mountains are looking pretty nice for the snow run.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
kunsan ain't so bad, but I hear they shut down a-town. If tey still have a bar called zzyzx in kunsan city check that out, it was pretty decent when I was there

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Ron, good to hear you made it okay. It was good to see you out on the run the other day. I hope you made it back in time for the parade. If you need some help with the headgasket when you get back let me know and I'll lend a hand. And yeah, the mountains are looking pretty nice for the snow run.
I had fun and I did make it back in plenty of time. I'll take you up on that fine offer. I'll only have a month home this summer and less time spent wrenching on the Toy is more time to go wheelin! Seriously, thanks. I know I will need the help.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will be at kunsan. as long as the beer is cold i am happy. glad you made it in one piece. see you in march!
You can find me in dorm 1349, room 112. It's right next to the Mustang Club. Any cabby can get you there. Swing by and we'll knock back a pint:beer:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Korean Crud sucks huh? I got it the first couple of weeks that I was there.
It could be the crud, but I came down with it one day after arriving. I think somebody on the plane shared. If that is true, then I may still have the crud to look forward too!

Speaking of the airplane, it's still a really long flight but they have lots of entertainment. I watched 3 movies on the way over and there were a couple more I wanted to see but ran out of time :darn:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Osan is like club med compared to where I was over there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Osan is like club med to most of the other places I have gone in my career including Osan circa 1993.

It's been a week now and I am pretty well settled in AND the cold is over. Yeah!
I'm just waiting for my travel voucher to be paid and then I can get DSL and upgraded cable in my room.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah Osan is pretty nice. I was there in 03 for 3 months. Then in 04 I went to Kwang Ju. "barebase". We had to dig ditches the first day we were there cause some of the tents had 2 feet of water from the nights rain. :rotfl:

I actually liked Kwang Ju better cause we just had to support our jets. At Osan we ended up doing Osan's "slave labor". The drinking, juicy girls, etc isn't my thing. I think I drank maybe a 12 pack of beer the 4 1/2 months at Kwang Ju. Did manage to save about $4000 though and built the Jeep with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts