Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
me and chevycrew went out to letha to my parents house today and grabbed my dads gps unit, and tryed some of the caches we found for that area and we where only able to find one of them but we had fun and are looking forward to finding more

·
Registered
174 Posts
been doing this for years.... great fun for all leavls. was trying figure a way to tie wheelin and geocaching. something like tag, you wheel to a tough spot and post the cords and sometime later i download the info and try and wheel to the same spot.
just a way to share our favorit trails or spots. it dosn't have to be hard wheelin could be just a great out of the way place....

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
actually have thought about the same idea with chevycrew and shotgun actually. Also it allows us to map the trails for future runs with new people. I am finding myself getting hooked on it fast. Tonight we are going to search out a few more tonight out in the dessert in the rain. Decided to make it a little bit of a challenge

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a new gps unit with usb cable, tonight....should make things a little better since I can download from geocache, straight into the gps...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
been doing this for years.... great fun for all leavls. was trying figure a way to tie wheelin and geocaching. something like tag, you wheel to a tough spot and post the cords and sometime later i download the info and try and wheel to the same spot.
just a way to share our favorit trails or spots. it dosn't have to be hard wheelin could be just a great out of the way place....
Mr. Bill and everyone check out the Geocache called Top O' The Dam To Ya. It's one that I placed and you can do some mild wheeling to get to it. Oh heck here is the link to the page.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=ce7211ee-b542-4cc2-8b2d-2c3b65add8e2

I've been doing this for a couple of years and it's a great way to get out and see new areas and spend some time with my boys.

Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yea... that what I like, a great way to share some of favorite trails. I haven't been in the area long and have been looking at the river/dam area for for some trails I'll try it out (as soon as i get my rig back together :)

Thanks Mike.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah be careful, just think how an outsider would view it.

desert based, there are 150 points in the murphy area...
but 2800 sites within 100 miles of my house, lots in town...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts