Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Chevy Duramax crewcab

Torque (lb-ft):

650 @ 1600 rpm (2500 HD and 3500 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra) (LBZ) (Automatic transmission only) (Available beginning 4 th quarter 2005)

The new DURAMAX 6600 in the Silverado and Sierra heavy-duty pick-ups will be available exclusively with the new Allison 1000 6-speed automatic transmission, featuring class-first features, like tap-shift range selection mode.

A revised variable-geometry turbocharger also enhances the driving experience of the DURAMAX 6600. Aerodynamic changes to the turbo’s vanes help tailor controlled application of turbo power for seamless and immediate response at full throttle. The turbo, which spins at up to 120,000 rpm, is high-speed-balanced, reducing vibration and resonance – and contributing to the engine’s overall smoothness and refinement. The revised turbo also helps reduce emissions, while maximum boost remains at 20 psi.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
what kind of mileage do those red x's get?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nice looking truck. How are you liking it so far? Got any plans for it, or are you going to leave it stock?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking truck. How are you liking it so far? Got any plans for it, or are you going to leave it stock?
I am sure that I wont be able to leave well enough alone, but there is not anything that really stands out and grabs me.... Yet.

I am keeping my eye on that EFI live for the LBZ. Also got quoted $75ea for H2 takeoffs like yours, but I passed. I will wear these tires out first.

Brett, I had a couple reasons and waiting was #2 that made me walk over to nampa.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Nice I guess that just leave me left to get a diesel now:bowdown:

·
Registered
539 Posts
JEALOUS!!! I'll trade ya for a torn down CJ ;) . Seriously though That is an Awsome Rig! :drool:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I am sure that I wont be able to leave well enough alone, but there is not anything that really stands out and grabs me.... Yet.

I am keeping my eye on that EFI live for the LBZ. Also got quoted $75ea for H2 takeoffs like yours, but I passed. I will wear these tires out first.

Brett, I had a couple reasons and waiting was #2 that made me walk over to nampa.
I'll probably be getting EFI Live for my truck once it comes out. If I do I'll have a nice Edge unit for sale :deal:.

Anyway, I really like the H2s with 285s on my truck. It makes it 10 times more stable than the stock tires when towing. That and when you crank the torsion bars up with the bigger tires it looks more like a truck. I think the stock tires make the truck look way too weenie. Was that $75 each for wheel and tire or just wheel? If it was wheel and tire I'd jump on it. If it is just wheel, I'd suggest you check Ebay for some cheaper wheels (assuming they aren't chrome).

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That's a nice truck Nate. They are getting pretty crazy with power #s on the new stuff. :shocked:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll probably be getting EFI Live for my truck once it comes out. If I do I'll have a nice Edge unit for sale :deal:.

Anyway, I really like the H2s with 285s on my truck. It makes it 10 times more stable than the stock tires when towing. That and when you crank the torsion bars up with the bigger tires it looks more like a truck. I think the stock tires make the truck look way too weenie. Was that $75 each for wheel and tire or just wheel? If it was wheel and tire I'd jump on it. If it is just wheel, I'd suggest you check Ebay for some cheaper wheels (assuming they aren't chrome).
It was just a mag rim (no chrome) I have seen them for $350.00 but I would have to pay shipping. We will see. The 285s are going to be soon, as the rpms are at 2K going 70mph. I was looking at that vendor that sells 19.5s too, but that was some serious coin that I certainly wont be paying. I just really liked the longevity that the tires offered and the rims were sharp too.

http://www.ricksontruck.com/customers/gm_srw/007/index.html
http://www.ricksontruck.com/customers/gm_srw/013/index.html
http://www.ricksontruck.com/customers/gm_srw/009/index.html

You have the LLY dont you??? If so, isnt EFI live V2 out now? Maybe they were just doing a presale...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah, it's out for the 04.5-05 LLY, but the 06 LLY has the same computer and everything as the LBZ, just lower power due to programming. I got my H2s off the diesel place and paid $175 shipped, but they seem to have gone up in price since then. Keep an eye open there and on eBay and I'll bet you can find a better deal than $75 each. Those Rickson wheels do look nice though.

1 - 13 of 14 Posts