Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if you havent read my message about my steering problem on the general 4x4 talk i will restate it my 1972 Chevy K20 with a ten inch spring and block lift that is running 38x15.5x16.5 Swamper tsl radials is having problems with the steering box...(keeps snapping the bolts on the brackets where they meet the frame.) if anyone has a solution to my problem it would really help me out alot i want to try to stay away from the crossover steering as much as possible thanks all

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would that really work i heard from a few people that it would but wouldnt that just break the weld also since the box is already snapping the ears off of it... happened once lol and breaking grade a bolts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
no, welding it would be a stupid idea. Spend the mony on cross over steering with hydro assist and be done with it for good

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Something down the line in your steering is messed up Try to find a similar truck and compare the two mabey your steering stops are not set right putting way to much pressure on the box. But something is definately not right and until you figure out the root cause you will never truly fix the problem :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts