Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What good areas are there to live in Boise? I've been around some so I know the area a little. Kuna maybe? I wouldnt mind being out a little bit to get some land but I dont know if thats realistic. I could swing maybe $190,000 or so.....

Yeah, I'm looking at moving that way. I'm also looking at the Portland area but I would rather move to Boise.

Thanks!

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I think it is more personal preference based on the buyer. You want extra land your gonna end up paying for it unless you move further out of the boise area. Ive been looking into real estate investment and starting up a business. I more or less would like to have a house with some property or just some extra large RV parking to hide my multitude of vehicles that i always have coming and going. Oh and a shop would be nice to have as well

·
Registered
940 Posts
A lot of Micron workres live in Mt Home. Its a faster commute from here to Micron than it is from the Nampa/Meridian area. I'm sure acreages are cheaper down here than in the surounding Boise area.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sandman said:
What good areas are there to live in Boise? I've been around some so I know the area a little. Kuna maybe? I wouldnt mind being out a little bit to get some land but I dont know if thats realistic. I could swing maybe $190,000 or so.....

Yeah, I'm looking at moving that way. I'm also looking at the Portland area but I would rather move to Boise.

Thanks!
If you are wanting something in that price range with a decent sized house & a bit of land, you might want to look at Nampa. It is about half an hour of so out of Boise, but a HELL of a lot cheaper. IMHO Meridian is a great area kind of in between Nampa & Boise. Kuna is also a nice area. All areas are growing imensly! IMHO I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND CALDWELL!!!! :shocked:

I posted a link to the lady that helped us find our house and sell both of our rental properties. Ok, I know what most of you are thinking. YIKES a realtor. They are just out for the money. With Patty this is not true. She is definatly NO PRESSURE. She truly works for her money, which is not much if I might add. She wants you to be happy with whatever it is you are looking for. She can set up searches for particular features you are looking for. IE: size of house, price, size of land, area...blah, blah, blah. Also since she has lived in Idaho for over 40 years & is very familiar with our area. She may be able to help you determine what area might be better for you. At leas check out her site.

http://www.homes101.net/idaho-realtors/a71512/about-me

·
Registered
545 Posts
The older Ranch style homes around 1200sq ft in South Boise have up to a 1acre lot and are right around your price range. My cousin bought one with a shop larger than his house already in the back yard.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I wouldnt mind living in Kuna.....Nice place, small town, and about 5 minutes from my shop :D

Sabrina is right matt, Nampa/Kuna area has some pretty good deals right now.

Amber and I live in Meridian. Takes me about 20minutes to drive out to my shop just the other side of Kuna. About the same drive time as what it took to get to my old shop on Chinden.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have been living in Kuna for about 6 years now...

we love it!

The town is small enough that you see the same cops and stuff so that kind of sucks (if your getting pulled over)

But it is a great place to live.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the feedback! Its actually looking stonger for the Portland area or even South Salt Lake right now. I'm talking with one company now. If that falls through, I may see what Micron has on the board. I would like to stay in the electronics or semiconductor area since that it what I know.

Thanks for the link Sabrina. If Boise is a go, I'll give her a call. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Wow, after being in Portland for 3 months last year....I would rather be in SLC! Portland has wayyyy tooo much traffic!

Its pretty expensive there unless you live in older areas too. I stayed in Tigard and Beaverton when I was there, both are decent places..........But no property!

And tons of rain and fog!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sandman said:
Thanks for all the feedback! Its actually looking stonger for the Portland area or even South Salt Lake right now. I'm talking with one company now. If that falls through, I may see what Micron has on the board. I would like to stay in the electronics or semiconductor area since that it what I know.

Thanks for the link Sabrina. If Boise is a go, I'll give her a call. :thumb:
In case you haven't heard, Micron just purchased the old Zilog building here in Nampa. So I'm assuming that they are going to be adding several hundred jobs here in Nampa. Just passing along info. :thumb: Good luck w/where ever you end up. :eek:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats interesting. Our company over here almost bought their old fab years ago. Micron is also expanding big time down in Salt Lake.

I've got a line on a place I really want to go work for but its going to take a little bit....

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
385 Posts
allusee said:
Stay outta ADA County... There rules are starting to stink, I.e. smog on vehicles ect.
Good point. However I'm sure we're going to start seeing the same kind of rules & things over this way too. :darn: Especially with all the freaking growth! :mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sandman said:
Thats interesting. Our company over here almost bought their old fab years ago. Micron is also expanding big time down in Salt Lake.

I've got a line on a place I really want to go work for but its going to take a little bit....
Im thinkin about hiring another person -- The pay sucks cause the boss is a tight arsss BUT since Muddin didnt move to Mtn Home its still a great place to live.............................

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
A little out of date, but I thought that I would add my 2cents anyways.

I have been watching that growth in SLC for Micron......wow! I like SLC, but I could not live there. I can visit and board out there, but not live. It feels so industrial there, compared to Boise.

The hot spots in this area are all on the border of Ada and Canyon County.
From north to south, that is the place to purchase. The older homes farther east are not desirable, and the homes in Canyon County dont go up in value anywhere near as fast as Ada County. Ada County values have increased 18% already this year. That is some damn good investing in my opinion. Anything in Kuna is hot and Eagle of course if you can find anything for less that $300K is a great investment. My personal favorite is still Meridian, just watch this silly little dairy town explode the next three years.

The smog is so weak, that is the last thing to make you worry about where you live. I passed the sniffer in the towrig with a wire unplugged:lame: . The jeep is smogged too :deal: . I also searched and bought a home in Meridian that does not have Home Owners Association, so I dont have to pay monthly and I can carry on all of my wrenching welding and grinding without the neighbors nagging.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right now Boise is looking pretty thin. Actually San Diego is looking up right now. It might take months before I know where I'm going. :darn:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
252 Posts
gripguru said:
bought a home in Meridian that does not have Home Owners Association, so I dont have to pay monthly and I can carry on all of my wrenching welding and grinding without the neighbors nagging.
Yea and bolt the tube bender down right on the front sidewalk :rotfl:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sandman said:
Right now Boise is looking pretty thin. Actually San Diego is looking up right now. It might take months before I know where I'm going. :darn:
Well then You had better meet me on my yearly trip to CA for some rock crawlin :deal:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Sandman said:
I lived there for 6 years....And have friends that live there now..

Not a house to be found under 500k :shocked:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts