Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my TJ this weekend. The depression is setting in slow. We're not wholly Jeepless here, as my son still lives at home and he drives Grand Cherodillac. But it's not the same.

For the moment I've plenty to do on my fullsized crawler, but that'll only keep me busy through the winter. Since I need something smaller to play in, I might be looking for a beat-to-sh*t CJ or similar to build up from scratch. Also fair game are the Zuk, Toyota's FJ or Gen 1 pickup, or an IH. Anything with a short wheelbase.

In the meantime, I'll be watching people go through tight places. Wah.

-Mikey-

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The Tracker /Sidekicks have about an 86" wheelbase. How short do you want to go? Add some toyota axles to it and a Sami t-case doubler and go for broke! I'm too stuborn and I'll keep developing stuff for the IFS on these little rigs. Good luck with the hunt.

Mike

·
Registered
502 Posts
there is a 83-84 toy short box at sextons car lot on lincoln, its arround back, and rino lined some sort of blue.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No kidding? I've purchased three cars previously from Sextons...I'm getting on a first name basis with the folks there. It's hard to get at that lot, what with the city tearing up the Anderson/Holmes railroad tracks interface and dropping everything down to one (skinny) lane each side. I'll have to go at off peak times.

Thanks for the heads-up!

-Mikey-

there is a 83-84 toy short box at sextons car lot on lincoln, its arround back, and rino lined some sort of blue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts